Monday, February 23, 2015

ButterBeeScraps - Pretty Pink Flower Filigree Necklace

Hello everyone!  Today, I have a jewelry piece to share with you.  I designed a necklace using several products from ButterBeeScraps Artistic Treasures.


I had some fun creating this piece and adding some color to the bronze filigree pieces.  The base is a beautiful Bronze Square Filigree and I painted it with Lumiere Pearl Turquoise Paint.  Once the paint was dry I used steel wool to buff the filigree piece so some of the paint would be removed and the bronze metal would show.  Doing this gives the metal piece a patina look.


Next I painted the Bronze Flower 8426 using Vintaj Patina Paint Quartz and Ruby.  I painted the bottle petals with Quartz.  For the middle layer of petals I mixed the Quartz and Ruby paint.  Then for the top layer of petals I used the Ruby paint.  Once the paint was dry I used E6000 to adhere the square and flower filigree pieces.  Then when the adhesive was dry I gave the metal pieces a couple coats of Krylon Crystal Clear Matte Finish.


I added three 6x8mm Faceted Glass Abacus Beads - Clear AB to the center of the flower and I added one Clear AB SS10 Pointy Back Crystal Rhinestone in the center of the beads.  I also added the Clear AB SS10 Pointy Back Crystal Rhinestones to the stamen part of the flower. 


I used a metal hole punch to punch a hole in the bottom of the square filigree piece.  Then I made some beaded dangles to hang from the bottom.  I used Bronze Ball End Head PinBronze Filigree Bead Caps (Item #CAP046-B)6x8mm Faceted Glass Abacus Beads - Clear AB8x12mm Faceted Glass Teardrop Beads - Clear AB, Aqua Crystal Beads and Pink Flower Bead Caps to create the dangles.  Then I attached them using Bronze Jump Rings.


To finish off the necklace I added some bronze chain and a lobster clasp.


This would be a perfect necklace for Spring--now we just need some warmer weather LOL!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

I hope you have a wonderful week!

Hugs,
Heidi



Supplies
ButterBeeScraps:  Bronze Flower 8426. Bronze Square FiligreeBronze Filigree Bead Caps (Item #CAP046-B)6x8mm Faceted Glass Abacus Beads - Clear AB8x12mm Faceted Glass Teardrop Beads - Clear ABClear AB SS10 Pointy Back Crystal Rhinestones, Bronze Ball End Head Pin, Bronze Jump Rings

Other Supplies
Lumiere Pearl Turquoise Paint, Vintaj Paint-Patina Quartz, Patina Ruby, Glossy Accents, Multi Matte Medium, Aqua Crystal Beads, Pink Flower Bead Caps, Bronze Chain, Lobster Clasp, Krylon Crystal Clear Matte Finish, Steel Wool, E6000

Tools
Round Nose Pliers, Bent Nose Pliers, Flush Cutter, Metal Hole Punch

9 comments:

  1. very, very nice Heidi. those dangles are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!
    This is so pretty. Whoo Hoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing color bursts with us. They look like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing color bursts with us. They look like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing information about the new color bursts. Your background was so pretty and I am inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing color bursts with us. They look like so much fun!
    I am inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing color bursts with us. They look like so much fun!
    I am inspired!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...