Sunday, May 22, 2016

Tonic Studios - Have a Beautiful Day Card

Hello everyone!  Earlier this week we celebrated my mom's birthday and this is the card I made for her.  This was also my first card using the New NUVO Creative Pen Collection.  The Creative Pens are a blendable alcohol based pen from Tonic Studios.


Here is a look at the card I designed.  For the dies I used 1120E Filigree Flourish Die Set, 1227E Have a Beautiful Day Circle Frame530E Layering Butterflies Set 1 - Papillion Pair524E Pinhole Circles Layering Die Set, and 483E Scalloped Circles Layering Die Set.


To create the circle die cuts I used pink cardstock with the 1227E Have a Beautiful Day Circle Frame to die cut the larger scalloped circle.  For the smaller circle I used both the 483E Scalloped Circles Layering Die Set and 524E Pinhole Circles Layering Die Set.  When using these dies you will need to die cut the scalloped circle first and then use the pinhole circle die to add the details.  The Have a Beautiful Day sentiment is also from the 1227E Have a Beautiful Day Circle Frame.  I used white cardstock to die cut the sentiment and then colored it with the NUVO Creative Pen Collection - Supreme Metallics 506 (gold).


For the butterfly I die cut white cardstock using the 530E Layering Butterflies Set 1 - Papillion Pair die set and then I used the NUVO Creative Pen Collection - Rosey Pinks 453, 451, 449 pens to color the butterfly.  I die cut a couple of flourished using white cardstock and the 1120E Filigree Flourish Die Set.  Then I colored the die cuts with the NUVO Creative Pen Collection - Rosey Pinks 453, 451, 449, and Woodland Greens 417, 413.  I wanted to add some sparkly to the butterfly and flourishes so I used the 203N NUVO Glue Pen Medium and added some Pure Sheen Glitter - 705N US Diamond.


For some finishing touches I added Crystal Drops - 675N US Ivory Shell around the scalloped circle die cut, flower centers, and the body of the butterfly.  I also added some tiny white acrylic flowers and for the centers I added Crystal Drops - 682N US Bottle Green.  I fussy cut one of the flowers from the flourish die cut and then added that above the sentiment.  I also added a few sequins from Cartwright Sequins & Beads.


I added some foam tape in between the layers to add a little more dimension to the card.  For all of the die cutting I used the 147E Tangerine Machine and Bag Set and I used the 160E Tim Holtz - 8" Comfort Guillotine/Trimmer for all the paper cutting.

Thanks so much for joining me today!
I hope you enjoyed the card I shared and I hope you have a creative day!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi


Supplies:

Tonic Studios USA
Dies:  1120E Filigree Flourish Die Set, 1227E Have a Beautiful Day Circle Frame, 530E Layering Butterflies Set 1 - Papillion Pair, 524E Pinhole Circles Layering Die Set, 483E Scalloped Circles Layering Die Set
NUVO:  Creative Pen Collection - Rosey Pinks 453, 451, 449, Woodland Greens 417, 413, Supreme Metallics 506 (gold), Pure Sheen Glitter - 705N US Diamond, Crystal Drops - 675N US Ivory Shell, 682N US Bottle Green
Adhesive:  419E Craft Tacky 120ml, 203N NUVO Glue Pen Medium
Tools:  147E Tangerine Machine and Bag Set160E Tim Holtz - 8" Comfort Guillotine/Trimmer819 - 107E Tim Holtz Titanium Shear
Other Supplies
Paper:  Cardstock - White, Pink
Accessories:  White Pearl Acrylic Flowers, Cartwright's Sequin & Beads - 6mm Light Chartreuse Satin, 6mm Light Pink Satin, 4mm Gold

1 comment:

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...