Thursday, May 26, 2016

Tonic Studios - Cherish the Moment Shape Card

Hello everyone!  I don't know about you, but I love dies that can be used to create shape cards.  Today I will share with you how to create a shape card using the 1228E Sew Pretty Cherish the Moment Rectangle Frame die set.


To create the base of the shape card I used white cardstock and the largest die template in the 1228E Sew Pretty Cherish the Moment Rectangle Frame die set.  I wanted to create a top folding card so I cut a piece of white cardstock to 4-1/4 x 11 and scored the paper at 5-1/2.  Then I taped the die template in place so the cut edge of the die was over the fold of the card base.  I used the 147E Tangerine Machine die cut the shape.  Then I used the largest die and the decorative filigree piece and die cut that from white pearl cardstock.  I used 419E Craft Tacky 120ml to adhere the card base and the decorative pieces together.  I die cut the sentiment from gold mirror cardstock and added that to the center of the card.


Next I used green pearl cardstock and the center die from the 1163E Floral Fancy Decorative Mini Die Set to create the decorative flourish piece.  Then I fussy cut the ends of the die cut to used the flourishes as small accent pieces.  To create the butterflies I used blue pearl cardstock and 530E Layering Butterflies Set 1 - Papillon Pair.  In the photo you can also see all of the decorative details from the pinhole pattern on the die cut.


I used pink pearl cardstock and the 770E Entwinning Trellis Radiant Roselily Die Set to create the flowers.  For each flower I die cut two flower shapes from the three smallest flowers in the die set.  To shape the flowers I misted the front and back of the paper with water.  Doing this will help to break down the fibers in the paper and soften it so it is a lot easier to shape. Then I used the Floral Crafters Tool Set 380 - 266E to shape and curve the flowers.  You can let the flowers air dry or use a heat tool to speed up the process.  Once the flowers are dry I layered them using the 419E Craft Tacky 120ml glue and offset the petals.


Once the flowers were done I added them to the card front and then added the butterflies.  Here you can see the dimension the flowers and butterflies add to the card.  I used 675N US Crystal Drops - Ivory Seashell to create faux pearls on the flourishes and then I also used it for the body of the butterflies and the flower centers.


Thanks so much for joining me today!  I hope you enjoyed the card I shared.  Take a look at your dies and see what kind of fun shape cards you can create.

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi


Supplies
Tonic Studios USA
Dies:  1228E Sew Pretty Cherish the Moment Rectangle Frame, 1163E Floral Fancy Decorative Mini Die Set, 770E Entwinning Trellis Radiant Roselily Die Set, 530E Layering Butterflies Set 1 - Papillon Pair
NUVO: 675N US Crystal Drops - Ivory Seashell
Adhesive:  419E Craft Tacky 120ml
Tools:  147E Tangerine Machine and Bag Set160E Tim Holtz - 8" Comfort Guillotine/Trimmer819 - 107E Time Holtz Titanium ShearFloral Crafters Tool Set 380 - 266E
Other Supplies
Paper:  Cardstock - White, White Pearl, Pink Pearl, Green Pearl, Blue Pearl, Gold Mirror 
Accessories:  Hot Glue

2 comments:

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...