Friday, May 27, 2016

The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store - Botanical Garden Watercolor Card

Hello blogging friends!  Today, is my day to post for The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store and I have a card to share with you that is an easy watercolor and would work for all occasions by simply switching out the sentiment.


Here is the card I designed using a sentiment from the Stamp Simply Clear Stamps SS-Sent004 Deepest Sympathy and the beautiful images are from the Altenew - Botanical Garden Clear Stamps. I stamped the images on to Ranger Watercolor Paper using  Versamark Ink.  Then I added Ranger Super Fine Gold Embossing Powder and used my heat tool to melt the powders.  To create the look of watercolor I used three Tim Holtz Distress Inks  Worn Lipstick, Shabby Shutters, and Tumbled Glass.   I would call this a very loose watercolor card meaning it doesn't have to be perfect or stay within the lines.  If you are new to watercolor this would be a really good technique to try.  I started by adding water to my paper so as soon as the colors from the ink hit the paper they willl flow and blend very easily.  I started by adding a good amount of water to the color so the colors would be very pale.  Then I used my heat tool to speed up the drying process.  


I did a couple layers of the pale colors drying in between the layers and then I added a couple more layers with a bit darker colors.  To do this I used the same ink colors and just added less water.  Once I was done I made sure the paper was good and dry and then I added water droplets on to the paper.  I let them sit for a few seconds and then used a paper towel to blot them off.


I stamped the sentiment from the Stamp Simply Clear Stamps SS-Sent004 Deepest Sympathy using Versamark Ink and heat setting with Ranger Super Fine Gold Embossing Powder on a piece of Velum.  The Velum was a bit longer than the paper so I folded the ends behind that paper and adhere it to the back so there wouldn't be any adhesive showing in the front.  Then I added a couple thin strips of black cardstock.


I added Therm-O-Web Foam Squares to the back of the watercolor piece and then added that to a black A2 top folding card base.


Like I said you could create this card for all occasions by simply switching out the sentiment and it's a quick and easy watercolor card.

Thanks so much for joining me today and I hope you have a happy Friday!

Please be sure to visit The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store for all your paper crafting needs and visit the Blog for inspiration from the Design Team.

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi


Supplies
Stamps:  Stamp Simply Clear Stamps - SS-Sent004 Deepest Sympathy, Altenew - Botanical Garden Clear Stamps
Paper:  Ranger Watercolor Paper, Velum, Cardstock - Black
Ink:  Versamark Ink, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Worn Lipstick, Shabby Shutters, Tumbled Glass
Accessories:  Ranger Super Fine Gold Embossing Powder, Therm-O-Web Foam Squares, Scor-Tape

3 comments:

  1. such a beautiful soft soothing card. TFS.(gail)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card, surely to comfort and love the recipient.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card. I like the embossing around the flower and leaves and butterfly.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...