Friday, May 20, 2016

The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store and Altenew Stamps- Sending You Blessings Vintage Rose Card

Hello blogging friends!  Today, is my day to post for The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.  I have a beautiful card to share with you using one of the sentiments from a  Stamp Simply Clear Stamps set and the Vintage Rose Clear Stamps from Altenew.  I have to tell you I was so excited when I found out Sharon, owner of The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store was going to be carrying some of the Altenew stamps!  The stamp sets are so beautiful and they have several multi-step stamping sets and coordinating die sets.

Before I share the card I designed I want to share a little tip with you.


When you receive the Altenew stamps they are all connected and you have to use a wire cutter or snips to cut them apart.  On the front of the packaging it show how the dies match up with the stamps.  But once they are all cut apart it makes it a little harder to tell what is what at a quick glance.  So I used a sharpie marker to write numbers on my dies and then I did the same thing on the front of the packaging.  Now with a quick glance I can match up the dies with the stamped images.


Here is a close up.  Also after you have cut apart your dies if you have any rough edges you can sand them with an emery board or a file to smooth.



Here is a look at the card I designed.  I know it might look like it took a lot of time to create but it really didn't.  It was mostly just stamping and die cutting.  I used one of the sentiments from the Stamp Simply Clear Stamps - SS-Sent007 Blessings/Beatitudes 1 .  For the beautiful roses I used the Vintage Rose Clear Stamps from Altenew and I also used the coordinating Vintage Rose Dies from Altenew.


Before I started stamping and die cutting the roses I used some of the DecoArt - Metallic Lustre Gold Rush to create the splatter background on the blue mat piece for the card.  I just took a small amount of the DecoArt - Metallic Lustre Gold Rush and placed it on my craft mat and then added water to it.  I tapped on the paint brush to get the splatters and then set that piece aside to dry.


Here is a close of of the roses.  This stamp set is so gorgeous and I love the multi-layers used to create a beautiful and detailed image.  I also used the Spellbinders - Labels Twenty-Nine for the sentiments and a couple of layers in the card.  For the sentiment I heat embossed it using Ranger Super Fine Detailed Gold Embossing Powder.  I also used  Bazzill Metallic Gold Cardstock for the second label die cut.



I used Therm-O-Web Foam Squares for all of the roses and leaves to add some dimension to the card.  I laid out all of the die cuts on my card so I could see where I wanted to place them and then I took a quick picture with my phone to be able to use as a reference.



I hope you enjoyed today's card!  Thanks so much for stopping by today.
I hope you have a wonderful and creative weekend!

Please be sure to check out The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store for all of the fantastic paper crafting products and the Blog for inspiration from the Design Team.

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi


Supplies
Stamps:  Stamp Simply Clear Stamps - SS-Sent007 Blessings/Beatitudes 1, Altenew - Vintage Rose Clear Stamps
Paper:  Bazzill Metallic Gold Cardstock, Solid Cardstock - White, Blue, Pink
Ink:  Altenew - Four Scoops Cotton Candy, Memento - Angel Pink, Rhubarb Stalk, New Sprout, Bamboo Leaves, Olive Grove, VersaMark Ink, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Worn Lipstick, DecoArt - Metallic Lustre Gold Rush
Dies:  Altenew - Vintage Rose Dies, Spellbinders - Labels Twenty-Nine
Accessories:  Darise - 5 mm Crystal Iridescent Cup Sequins, Therm-O-Web Foam Squares, Scor-Tape, Paint Brush, Water

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! My kind of card ....love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heidi, your card is stunning. Altenew has some of the most beautiful floral's on the market, IMHO. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card, Heidi. lovin' these Altenew stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous. extra bonus today was the helpful tip on identifying/marking the die pieces. Love the new Altenew stamps and glad to know the stamp store you represent is selling them; they's so hard to find that I'll go to their website now to see if they have any that I am missing. thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...