Monday, June 20, 2011

Mix and Match Nestabling™

Good morning! Today, I have a card with a matching notepad and tutorial to share with you and some mixing and matching with the Nestabling™. Although Nestabling™ is made to match specific die cuts you can mix and match the Nestabling™ with other die cuts and the possibilities are endless as to what you can create. For the card and notepad I used Nestabling™ Heart Circles Lavender Pearls and Nestabling™ Scalloped Hearts Pink Rhinestones with other die cuts. To start I dry brushed two of the Chipboard Embellishments - Style A using Warm White paint. Then I brushed on some GemTac™ from Beacon Adhesives™ and added a clear chunky glitter. I wanted some of the raw chipboard to show through so I did not apply the GemTac™ to the entire piece of chipboard.Next I used the Grand Calibur™ and S4-296 Nested Hearts from Spellbinders™ to cut/emboss the the heart shapes with Orchid Cascata Felt cardstock. Then I left the paper in the die template and used the die template as a stencil and added ink and I also inked the edges after removing the paper using Dusty Concord ink. Then I added Nestabling™ Scalloped Hearts Pink Rhinestones to the heart die cuts. Using the Grand Calibur™ and S4-293 Lacey Circles #5 I cut/embossed the circle shape. Then I added Nestabling™ Heart Circles Lavender Pearls and Sprinkle-N-Sparkle Lacy Lilac Glitter.Here is a close up of the glitter.Here is a close up of the top of the notepad. I also added a bow and a paper rose to the center of the heart.Here is a close up of the card front.

Supplies

Want2Scrap™ Supplies Used:
Nestabling™ Heart Circles Lavender Pearls
Nestabling™ Scalloped Hearts Pink Rhinestones
72 Count - Purple Rhinestones
Chipboard Embellishments - Pack of 5 - Style A

Cross Promotional Products Used:
Spellbinders™ Grand Calibur™, S4-293 Lacey Circles #5, S4- Nested Hearts #1, #2
Beacon Adhesives™ 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue™, Gem Tac™

Other Products Used:
Discount Cardstock Simply Smooth White, Orchid Cascata Felt, Planet Purple
Really Reasonable Ribbon Dark Satin w/ Grosgrain Edge Assortment
Ranger Dusty Concord Distress Ink
Prima Roses
Plaid Warm White Acrylic Paint
Joann's Chunky Crystal Glitter
Sprinkle-N-Sparkle Lacy Lilac Glitter
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L™ 3D Foam Squares

Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you enjoyed the tutorial and remember don't be afraid to mix and match the Nestabling™ with different die cuts. Also hop on over to the Want2Scrap™ Blog to check out the latest bling filled designs!

I hope you have a wonderful and creative day!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi

8 comments:

  1. Heidi this is just beautiful, love all the bling and sparkle. You always do such beautiful work...Love It!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAUW this is just gorgeous. I sooooo love, what you´ve done here. It´s really gorgeous work. So perfect and well made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An H. Blankenship masterpiece :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous!! I love everything about this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heidi, this is adorable. I love the details and the bling is perfect. Great job.
    Thanks for sharing your tutorial with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous!! thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Heidi,
    Wow, another lovely piece!
    I've decided I need all your art supplies so when you're finished could you please send them my way. lol
    Creative hugs,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...