Friday, July 13, 2012

Really Reasonable Ribbon & CardMaker Summertime Blog Hop!!



Good morning blogging friends!   Today, is the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog Hop for the month of July. The RRR Design Team Members and Special Event Design Team Members will be showcasing the Monthly Ribbon Club.  This month the Fabulous CardMaker Design Team Members are joining us for the blog hop!  Please be sure to check out the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog and the CardMaker Blog for all of your paper crafting inspiration!




This month there is a wonderful assortment of Yellow and Green ribbons included in the >July Ribbon Club Assortment Click HERE for more details.  We are also featuring products from  Scor Pal in the blog hop this month.

If you are following the order of the blog hop you should have just come from Carolyn's Blog. If not and you just happened to pop in for a visit please click HERE to start the blog hop at the CardMaker Blog.


For my project I designed a card with a layered loop bow using ribbon from the  July Ribbon Club Assortment from Really Reasonable Ribbon and Scor-Tape 1/4''.


To start I cut eight small piece of ribbon and added a little piece of the Scor-Tape 1/4'' .  Then I made eight little loops.


I inserted the ribbon loops into the ribbon threader die cut.  I used the Scor-Tape 1/4'' to adhere the ribbon to the back side of the die cut.


This is how the ribbon will look from the front.


Here is a close up once I had all of the ribbon in place.  For the center I took another loop with some of the Scor-Tape 1/4'' and applied it to the center.  


I also used the Scor-Pal to score my card base.


Here is another look at the finished card.  All of the cardstock is from Discount Cardstock.  I used Pop-Tones Banana, Two-Scoops Prickly Pear, Frosted Teal Prismatics and Soot.  To create the die cuts I used the Grand Calibur from Spellbinders and S5-131 A2 Matting Basics A, S5-132 A2 Matting Basics B, S5-135 A2 Fancy Ribbon Threader, S4-383 Marvelous Squares, S4-371 Les Papillions die templates.


Here is a close up of the sparkly butterfly.


To add all of the sparkle I used Scrap Happy Sheer Glue and Diamond Clear Glitter from The Rubber Cafe.


Now to continue in the blog hop you need to hop on over to Patti's Blog and check out her fantastic project!

Thank you so much for stopping by today and I hope you enjoy my card, tutorial and the Blog Hop!  Don't forget to visit the RRR Store and check out all of the beautiful ribbons, lace and trims!

I hope you have a wonderful and creative day!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi





Supplies
Really Reasonable Ribbon:  July Ribbon Club Assortment
Scor Pal:  Scor Board, Scor-Tape 1/4''
Paper:  Discount Cardstock Pop-Tones Banana, Two-Scoops Prickly Pear, Frosted Teal Prismatics, Soot
Dies:  Spellbinders Grand Calibur, S5-131 A2 Matting Basics A, S5-132 A2 Matting Basics B, S5-135 A2 Fancy Ribbon Threader, S4-383 Marvelous Squares, S4-371 Les Papillions
Accessories:  The Rubber Cafe Scrap Happy Sheer Glue, Diamond Clear Glitter; Recollections Bling; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares

50 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card. And what a clever way to add a ruffle to the bottom of the card - never thought of that before.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness this is stunning! Love how you used the ribbon and your butterfly is just lush!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card! What a great tutorial on how you did the ribbon! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Card! Love the ribbon at the bottom. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgous!! Thanks for sharing your ribbon technique!
    Jessica
    chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com
    eschfamily@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing amount of detail in this gorgeous card!
    Pearl x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a different way to do your ribbon! Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful card and thanks so much for the ribbon tutorial! Now I know I can add that sort of dimension to my cards as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card! Can you tell me where I can get that ribbon threader?! Me thinks I NEED that!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card Heidi. So many fun embellishments and I love that layered loop bow. Thanks so much for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card Heidi! The new Card Creator dies are so cool! Especially the ribbon threader one. Can't wait to use mine! :)
    Thanks for sharing this beauty!

    Hugs,
    True :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic card and tutorial, Heidi!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card...absolutely adore the ribbon treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cool way to make the bow! TFS... beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a neat idea! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the ribbon threader to make the looped ribbon! Pretty card! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card! Love the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful card--I like the ribbon treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for showing how to make the beautiful ribbon treatment!I will have to try this! very summertime card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my, that looped ribbon trick is AMAZING! You are a superstar!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous and thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is fabulous! Thanks for the instructions too. I love how you did this card. Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous!
    Miranda :)
    www.nanasscrapspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a pretty card! I love all the different elements and how you put them together.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I wouldn't have figured out how you did your ribbon detail in a million years -- or my way would have been much harder and not as eye-popping as your version. Genius! Thanks for the tutorial. I'll give it a try. You chose perfect ribbon for it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. You always do such creative projects sweetie, I love the loops and it looks perfect with the dies you used.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow.thank for showing how you did the ribbon. Will have to try it,
    Barbara Bird
    MdStrwbery@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. OMG, that is such a great card! Love the teaching aspect!

    mimi2trentdrew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I really love your card, and how you applied the ribbon to the die. I have that die also, and I'm definitely going to have to try that technique.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Heidi! I love your ribbon border technique!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great card. Thanks for the tutorial. I love how you pick up the little pops of blue throughout the page and how everything pulls into the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the "loops" and the butterflies. They all add up to a very beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  33. A beautiful card! Thanks for the tutorial for the ribbon treatment, I will be 'borrowing' it!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow, wow, wow! I love the layered loop bow! It's really impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful card Heidi, and a clever trick with the ribbon, an easier way to get the loops all the same size. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Your card is so lovely and I like the method you used for the ribbon. Very clever!
    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. our card is stunning!! I love butterflies and the ribbon is wonderful. Kathy www.kathysdouble-k-krafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Heidi,

    Stunning card! Thank you for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  39. love how you looped the ribbon in the card!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Lovely card! Thanks for the how-to on the ruffled ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love your card. I have the sew ribbon tool and will try your idea. Love Ribbon and the score tape. Thanks!!!

    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  42. Your card is beautiful....great ideas. I really need a scorpal now and I'm using some of these ideas for sure. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Beautiful loops and dies - gorgeous work, Heidi!

    ReplyDelete
  44. This cards is so pretty and great ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Love the butterflies and the looped ribbon. Iris

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...