Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Daisy Happy Birthday Card

Hello blogging friends!  Today, is the first day of CHA!  The day when all of the New Releases are revealed!!  I can't wait to see all of the New crafty goodness!


Today, I have a birthday card to share with you using some of the New Two-Scoops paper from Bazzill which can be found at Discount Cardstock.  The color I used is called Two Scoops Prickly Pear.  I know so many of you love the Dotted Swiss and the Two-Scoops is a step up--it's like a Two Tone Dotted Swiss!!  Gotta love that!  I also used some of the New Release die templates from SpellbindersJuly Ribbon Club Assortment from Really Reasonable Ribbon and stamps from The Rubber Cafe'.


To start I die cut the S4-368 Hexagon shape and stamped the E-549 Daisy Bouquet image and added the color with Copic Markers.


Then I stamped the sentiment on to Simply Smooth White and die cut a smaller S4-368 Hexagon shape.  Before removing the die template I used the die as a stencil and inked the inside edges with Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink.


Next I die cut the border using Two Scoops Prickly Pear paper and S5-138 Octagon Stripes and Accents die template.  This is a cut-fold-tuck die template so after I die cut the shape then I folded and tucked along the cut lines.  The Two-Scoops paper is perfect for this because it has the two tones of paper.  Then I threaded a piece of yellow floral printed ribbon from the July Ribbon Club Assortment from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  


Here is a close up of the border.  I also added a yellow handmade crochet flower that my aunt Gail made and I added a pearl to the center.


I die cut a larger S4-368 Hexagon to use as a mat behind the daisy image and then I lightly sanded the die cut to reveal the lighter color and the Swiss Dot pattern on the paper.


Here is a close up of the card front with the layered die cuts.


I also used S5-131 A2 Matting Basic A, S5-132 A2 Matting Basic B for the matting.  I have to say I am loving the Card Creator die templates--easy peasy and no measuring!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I am off to watch LIVE from CHA--I can't wait to see all of the New Release!!  I hope you have a Fantastic Day!!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi


Supplies
Paper:  Discount Cardstock Two Scoops Prickly Pear, Chamios Cascata Felt, Simply Smooth White
Stamps:  The Rubber Cafe' E-549 Daisy Bouquet, J-1095 Fabulous Phrases
Ink:  Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black; Ranger Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink; Copic Markers Y13, Y15, YG25, G24, E25, E29
Dies:  Spellbinders Grand Calibur, S5-131 A2 Matting Basic A, S5-132 A2 Matting Basic B, S4-368 Hexagon, S5-138 Octagon Stripes and Accents
Accessories:  Really Reasonable Ribbon July Ribbon Club Assortment; Aunt Gail Handmade Crochet Flower; Recollection Pearls; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares

2 comments:

  1. great card love all the new products and bright colours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card. Lovely coloring and I love the layout and all the dies.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...