Sunday, January 17, 2010

Just For Fun Rubber Stamps - Fair Maiden

Hello! For today's card I have used several stamps from Just For Fun Rubber Stamps, Fair Maiden H2362, Flower Sprig D3379, Bracket A3260, Eiffel Tower D2361, Great Gams B3217, Paris IX AA2353. I started by stamping the images using Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I also did some masking with the stamped images. Then I did a wrinkle free distress technique with the paper. To do this I used several colors of Ranger Distress inks, Vintage Photo Distress Ink, Broken China (blue), Peeled Paint (green), Dusty Concord (purple), Worn Lipstick (pink), a craft mat, spray bottle with water and a heat tool. I press the different colors of pads onto the craft mat, mist with water and place the paper on top. Then lift up the paper and heat set. I do this several times until I achieve a look I like.

Here is a close up of the background so you can see the distress look on the paper.Next I used a Pink Souffle Pen and Glaze Pens Watermelon 819, Aqua 825, Purple 824, White 800 from Sakura to go over certain areas on the images and to add a little dimension. In the picture above (on the flowers) you can see once the ink is dry there is some dimension.To finish of the card I took a chipboard tag and sprayed Sweet Pea Glimmer Mist on the entire tag, heat set to dry and then stamped the sentiment. I also inked the edges of the tag, added some tiny bits of bling and attached the chipboard tag with black sheer ribbon.

Supplies~
Just for Fun Rubber Stamps~Fair Maiden H2362, Flower Sprig D3379, Bracket A3260, Eiffel Tower D2361, Great Gams B3217, Paris IX AA2353
Paper~Georgia Pacific-White, The Paper Company-Black, Pink
Ink~Ranger-Vintage Photo Distress Ink, Broken China (blue), Peeled Paint (green), Dusty Concord (purple), Worn Lipstick (pink), Tsukineko-Memento Tuxedo Black
Misc.~Sakura-Glaze Pens Watermelon 819, Aqua 825, Purple 824, White 800, Souffle Pen Pink 920, Tattered Angels-Glimmer Mist Sweet Pea, Beacon Adhesives-Gem Tac, Taylored Expressions-Tiny Twinkles (rhinestones), Black Sheer Ribbon, Chipboard, Spray Bottle w/ water

Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi

2 comments:

  1. This card is beautiful, and thankyou for sharing your distressing techinique. I will definitely be trying it. I have just gotten some of the glaze gel pens, and I do like the results on your card. It was fun to see you happen to be from my state, too! Best wishes in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heidi for the distressing technique, I will certainly be trying that one out. Keep up the great work, the card is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...