Friday, January 8, 2010

Just For Fun Rubber Stamps Announcement!!!

Today I have Special Announcement! Please help me in Welcoming Terre Fry to the Just For Fun Rubber Stamps Design Team!! I am so happy Terre will be joining us!! Terre and I have been friends for a while now and she is very creative and talented. She is one of the sweetest people I know and has a fantastic sense of humor. WELCOME Terre!!! I can't wait to see all of the beautiful things you create!!

The past few days I have been creating cards with a lot of Spring colors--it must be wishful thinking for some warmer weather--LOL! For this card I used three images, G2479 3+1 Faux Post, A3378 Butterfly, G2698 Brushed Wildflowers and one sentiment WB8010 Just a Note from Just For Fun Rubber Stamps. I also used the 3+1 Faux Post Template G2479T for Stenciling. Here is a close up of the images. I started by stamping the stamp grid unto white cardstock with black ink. Then I placed the template on top of the image and taped it down to hold in place while I was stamping and inking. I stamped the images and then I added the different colors of Ranger Distress ink using a cotton ball. For the large rectangle I used Spiced Marmalade (orange) and then for the three smaller rectangles (starting at the top) I used Broken China (blue), Worn Lipstick (pink) and Peeled Paint (green). On a scrap piece of paper I stamped the butterfly images four more times, cut them out and added them on top of the other image. I also used several colors of stickles for some added sparkle. To create the tag I stamped the sentiment onto white cardstock with black ink. Then I cut/embossed the paper using the Fancy Tags S4-235 die templates from Spellbinders™. I think this is one of my all time favorite tags! I left the cardstock in the die template and used the template as a stencil and added color with the inks. I also added some green lace trim to the bottom of the card and some dew drops to the corner edge and tag.

Here is a little tip I want to share with you. If you have an unmounted stamp and it is too big for the area in which you would like to use it you can cut your stamp.

I wanted to use the "Thinking of You" sentiment on the tag but it was too long so I made a straight cut right after the word Thinking.If you make a straight cut then you can line up the stamp perfectly and have two different ways you can use it. In the picture above the stamp is cut and you can't even tell. Supplies~
Stamps~Just For Fun Rubber Stamps-G2479 3+1 Faux Post, A3378 Butterfly, G2698 Brushed Wildflowers, WB8010 Just a Note from Just, 3+1 Faux Post Template G2479T
Ink~Tsukineko-Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger-Spiced Marmalade (orange), Broken China (blue), Worn Lipstick (pink) and Peeled Paint (green)
Paper~Georgia Pacific-White, Core'dinations-The Chocolate Box (brown/green), Webster's Pages-Winter Wings
Misc.~Spellbinders™-Fancy Tags S4-235 die template, Ranger-Stickles Orange Peel, Lime Green, Star Dust, Waterfall, Beacon Adhesives-3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue, Gem-Tac, Webster's Pages-Green Lace Trim, The Robin's Nest-Peony Dew Drops

Don't for get to go and check out Terre's Blog and all of the other wonderful ladies on the Just For Fun DT!!

Terre Fry - Terre’s Scrap Therapy

Sherry Cheever - Walkin' On The Bad Side

Broni Holcombe - Splashes of Watercolor

Linda Duke - Linda’s Works of Heart

Sandy Sandrus - Cleverideas

Starla Nelson - Exploring Creativity


Thank you so much for stopping by today!

Smiles,
Heidi

3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous springy card! I just love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my friend! These are AWESOME!! I have several of these Just for Fun stamps collecting dust ... thanks for the inspiration to bring them out and ink them up! I'm ready for spring and your creations make me yern for it even more, LOL!! Awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the faux postage stamps but would never have thought to use them with the butterflies - and I love this. Thanks for the inspiration. Maybe I will drag mine out and try something with them. I am ready for spring time, butterflies, and flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...