Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Spellbinders DT Submissions Part 2

As promised Part 2~

As soon as I found out we needed to submit something with stamping I knew exactly what I wanted to do! Stampscapes!! If you haven't used Stampscapes or maybe if you haven't ever seen them before I strongly urge you to check out the website. They have some truly amazing design work on there and so many beautiful stamps to choose from!

My husband, Eric is the one who introduced me to Stampscapes. I have to be honest I'm more into the girly & artsy stamps so several years ago when I was first introduced to them I didn't really know if they would be my kind of stamp. But with some encouragement (ok a lot!) from Eric I started working with them and I have grown to LOVE them!! After working with them I found out they are not as intimidating as they look! LOL! They are actually what I would call very user friendly. When working with Stampscapes your imagination is your only limitation!! You can use just one stamp or half a dozen to create some beautiful art! Over the years I have taught several classes using Stampscapes and people are always amazed at what they can create. *If you check out the the slide gallery you can see a Stampscapes card (with a wolf-the wolf isn't stampscapes) that I taught for one of my classes.

Stampscapes Shadow Box Card~
Awhile back I found a wonderful tutorial by Dawn Griffith on SCS for the Shadow Box Card. Click HERE for the link. I knew it would be perfect for this card! I used 9 stamps from Stampscapes to make this card.

Fishing Vest~
Fish~

The die cuts were made using Spellbinders Wizard-Embossing & Die Cutting System. To add the fine details to the Gone Fishing sign, vest and the fish took five steps--1-Embossing, 2-Chalk, 3-Markers, 4-Inks (sponge & brush), 5-White Gel Pen. After I cut out each piece I left them in the die & used the die as a stencil for adding detail.

Looking up to the sky~

Supplies~
Paper~
SU-Very Vanilla, River Rock, Mellow Moss, Kraft
Ink~SU-Wild Wasabi, Chocolate Chip (pad & marker), River Rock, Mellow Moss (pad & marker), Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Always Artichoke (pad & marker), Jet Black Stazon, White gel Pen
Stamps~Stampscapes-Oak Branch-203G, Fisherman in Boat-187B, Lakeside Cove Lg-049G, Cascading Falls Lg-015G, Tree Duo-085A, Rocky Peaks-188F, Cloud with Sun-108G, Cloud (Cumulus)-018E, Geese in Flight-039A
Other~Spellbinders-Wizard Embossing & Die Cutting System, Gone Fishing S4 037 Embossing & Stenciling Die, SU-Crystal Effects, Sticky Strip, Pastels (chalk), Linen Thread, My Stash-Shells, Sponges, Pop Dots, Eyelet & Q-tips

Ok here is the last item--the altered item. I think I might be doing a few more of these! *wink* But before I can show you what I did I want to share the before picture with you. I have also included a picture of the designer paper before I distressed it.

Metal Clutch Handbag (before)~
Designer Paper~

Before I could really get into altering the handbag I covered the entire piece with two coats of Gesso. I used a white acrylic gesso which helped to adhere the paint, designer paper, die cuts and embellishments.

Altered Metal Clutch Handbag~
So what do you think? I really, really want to use this!! But I am also afraid of something happening to it! My Husband, Eric works for Hormel Foods and the Corporate/Management Christmas Dinner & Dance is just around the corner--maybe I will have to find an outfit to match the handbag! lol!!

Here's a few close-up pictures so you can see all of the details~

Click on photos to enlarge~
To alter/distress the the designer paper I started out by using an old gift card and some gesso. I swiped the card with gesso back and forth across the paper covering most of the paper. Let it dry. Then I took about a teaspoon of water and added several (30-40) drops of SU creamy caramel ink, took a sponge brush and quickly brushed across the entire piece of paper and let it dry. In the areas where there wasn't gesso it tinted the paper and gave it an aged look. Also once the handbag was altered I brushed Perfect Pearls (Perfect Gold) by Ranger over the entire piece and then sealed it.

Supplies~
Paper~
Anna Griffin-Designer Paper, SU-Very Vanilla, Mellow Moss, Regal Rose
Ink~SU-Creamy Caramel (pad & refill ink), Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke, Regal Rose, Rose Red (pad & refill ink)
Other~Spellbinders-Wizard Embossing & Die Cutting System, Embossing & Stenciling Dies-Nestabilities-Classic Scalloped Oval Lg S4 111, Rose S3 001, SU-Pastels (chalk), Crystal Effects, Deco Art-Cloud White Patio Paint, Daler/Rowney-White Acrylic Gesso, Ranger-Perfect Pearls (perfect gold), Crackle Accents, The Robin's Nest-Dew Drops (poinsettia), Jo-Ann's-Gold Trim, Gold Rose Button, Swarovski Crystals-Light Topaz, Flat Pearls, Plaid-Mod Podge, Zig-Gold Metallic Paint Pen, WM-Metal Clutch Handbag, My Stash-Sponges, Q-tips


Once again Thank You so much for stopping by & checking out my blog!! I always love reading your comments!! I hope you don't get too sick of hearing me say I can't wait until January!! This next year is going to be a wonderful journey full of new friendships and creativity!! I hope you are having a Terrific Week!!
Smiles!
Heidi





3 comments:

  1. WOW! Your fising card is amazing! it has so much detail...whoever was the recipiant of that card must have loved it!

    Did you find an outfit to match your purse? That is a great project...love the way you altered it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOOOOAAAAA I LOVE THAT CARD!!!! You know I am a nature lover and the scenery and everything you designed on this card is beautiful!!! LOVE IT!!!!
    Hugs~ Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...