Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Sleigh Bells Ring Class

This past Saturday I had a stamping class here at the house and we made several project using just one stamp set. The set we used is SU Sleigh Bells Ring which can be found in the Fall & Winter Catty. The stamp set was included in the cost of the class & all of the sets had been ordered a few weeks before so each of the ladies had their own stamp set to work with. They said they really liked doing a class this way. They had new ideas & already had the stamp set so they didn't have to wait for an order, they could go home and keep creating.

For the class we made a card with a matching envy, a gift bag with matching tissue paper, a little chocolate treat bag & a glass Christmas ornament. But I am going to be saving the Christmas ornament for a different post so today I will be sharing the card, gift bag & treat bag with you.

The Card~
The images were stamped with versa mark ink unto vellum & then I used gold EP & added some color with markers on the backside of the vellum. I really like the look when you color on the backside of the vellum, it gives a much softer look. For a touch of sparkle to the front I added some dazzling diamond glitter with a 2-way glue pen.

Supplies~
Paper~SU-Hunter Green, Real Red, Whisper White, Vellum
Stamps~SU-Sleigh Bells Ring
Ink~SU-Versa Mark, Hunter Green (pad & marker), Real Red (marker), Chocolate Chip (marker)
Other~SU-Gold Brads, Dimensionals, My Stash-Red Ribbon

The Gift Bag~For the background piece I used the images from the Sleigh Bells Ring set & Night of Navy ink. I stamped off twice to get the really faded look. Also on the Night of Navy CS I inked the edges (direct ink to paper) with SU White craft ink. Once you do this you need to set it aside to dry for a few minutes but it will give your paper a frosted look.

Supplies~
Paper~SU-Night of Navy, Whisper White
Stamps~SU-Sleigh Bells Ring
Ink~SU-Night of Navy, White (craft), Real Read (marker)
Other~SU-Dimensionals, Ranger-Stickles, Jo-Ann's-Ribbon

Chocolate Treats~
The Chocolates are Hershey Nuggets with a stamped mailing label wrapped around them. Sorry the colors look a little off in this picture, I'm not sure why. On the mailing labels the red berries almost look pink but IRL they are red. To color in the berries I used a Q-tip and picked up ink from the ink pad. The tip of the Q-tip is just the right size for doing this.

Supplies~
Paper~Walmart-Mailing Labels
Stamps~SU-Sleigh Bells Ring
Ink~SU-Handsome Hunter, Real Red
Other~SU-Small Celo Bag, Walmart-Hershey Nuggets, Q-tips, Ribbon & Crinkle Paper

Thank you so much for stopping by & I hope you enjoyed looking at some of the Sleigh Bells Ring designs!

I hope you all have a wonderful day!!
Smiles!
Heidi

5 comments:

  1. Heidi, these are so pretty! I really like the card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Heidi...these are MOST beeeeeeeeautiful!....I LOVE the look of the embossing on the vellum....and you did such an awesome job!.It's sometimes difficult to get the look without the warp......AWESOME>>>>& very elegant!!...cant wait to see the ornament!....OH...I the idea for everyone to pre-order the stamp set , so they can USE THEIR OWN at class is PERFECT!!!....Thanks for the GREAT idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, this card is gorgeous Heidi! GORGEOUS! I'll bet your students LOVED having their own stamp set to work with, what a nifty idea!
    And a matching bag and treat bag too? You are on a roll with a side of 'slaw, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey H....want to do a traveling class??? You could come to northern MI and give a class to my friends :D Wouldn't that be great!!!
    Oh well.....I'll just have to admire your work from afar. ;) Great work on the cards. Can't wait to see what is next.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...