Sunday, November 11, 2007

Be Merry

Ok this has to be one of the simplest cards I have ever made but at the same time I am just tickled with it. I love the simplicity of it! I had this idea in my head for the last week an a half but I hadn't had the time to actually design it. I made the die cut images using the Wizard & Spellbinders Leaves Die. I thought the leaves looked kind of like a boxwood leaf that is used in a lot of Christmas floral arrangements. After I was done cutting & embossing the leaves I wanted to add some detail to them. For this you have to do one die cut at a time. I popped the leaf back into the die & used the die as a stencil. First I went over the leaf with chalk, starting from the bottom & working my way to the top of the leaves. Next I outlined the bottom of the leaves with a marker. Then I inked up a sponge & blotted some of the ink off, starting from the bottom of the leaves & swiped the sponge towards the top of the leaves. I know this might sound like a lot but it really goes a lot faster than it sounds. This card only took about 10 minutes. It also adds so much depth & detail to the die cut.

Supplies~
Paper~SU-Real Red, Whisper White, Wild Wasabi
Stamps~SU-Warm Words
Inks~SU-Real Red, Garden Green (pad, marker & ink)
Other~Spellbinders-Leaves Die, Offray-Red Ribbon, Ranger-Stickles, My Stash-Sequins

Thanks so much for stopping by & I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!!
Smiles!
Heidi

5 comments:

  1. I love the simplicity and elegance of this card, it is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY....Heidi.....SIMPLY STUNNING!!!LOVELOVELOVE this...and the bling is a perfect touch of embellishing.....yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is PERFECT! Lilly gives it two paws up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. H, what an awesome card, so simple but i think its wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...