Sunday, April 28, 2013

Thinking of You Card & Stamping with Glue Technique

Hello blogging friends!  I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!  Today, I have a card and another tutorial to share with you using the Stamping with Glue Technique with Scrap Happy Sheer Glue from the The Rubber Cafe`.


Here is the card that I designed using the D-498 Script Background stamp and Scrap Happy Sheer Glue along with a couple colors of You're So Fine Glitter to create the sparkling script on the pattern paper.  The pretty pattern paper is from the Bo Bunny Prairie Chic 6 x 6 Paper Pad.  


To start I apply some of the Scrap Happy Sheer Glue to the D-498 Script Background using a makeup sponge.  I make a little puddle of glue on some scrap paper, dab the sponge into the glue and apply to the stamp.  If you have never done the Stamping with Glue technique you might want to try it on a scrap piece of paper a couple of time.  You want a nice coat of glue, not too thick and clumpy because you won't get a clear image and not to thin because then your stamp might stick to the paper.  Also you need to wash your stamp/s right away.  I just use some soap and warm water with a little scrub brush.  Here's a little tip--a tooth brush is great for scrubbing stamps--it has small softer bristles and can get in to all of the little spots on the stamps. ;-)  Also, don't worry about your glue drying and not having enough time to apply the glitter.  The great thing about the Scrap Happy Sheer Glue is that it drys tacky so it is prefect for the Stamping with Glitter technique!  


This is what the pattern paper looked like after I stamped it with the glue.  Can you see the script pattern?  


Next, I applied some of the You're So Fine Glitter-Bronze Medal in a few areas.  I took a little pinch of glitter, sprinkled it on the paper and then used my fingers to rub it in.  Real technical--LOL!  When using  more then one color of glitter work in small sections, rub in the glitter and tap off the excess as you go.  This will keep the glitter from getting on all of the areas of glue.


Then I used You're So Fine Glitter-Princess Pink to apply the second layer of glitter.  


Here is a close up of the glittery script background on the pattern paper.  As a reminder you can click the images to enlarge them.


Here is a close up of the center of the card.  I used J-1095 Fabulous Phrases and B-217 Daisy Splash to stamp the sentiment and flowers.  I used Lilac Posies and Desert Sand Memento inks from Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko.  Then I used the Artisan X-Plorer™ and S3-205 Petite Labels One Die D-Lite to cut/emboss the little label.  I added some Edna Natural Crochet Lace Trim and a Sun Rose Seam Binding bow from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  The Sun Rose Seam Binding matched the Lilac Posies ink perfectly!  The butterfly is from Recollections and I spritzed it with Pssst! Sheer Shimmer Spritz Sparkle and added Diva Pink Jellie Dots.  I used my handy Stick "EM" Up Tool for perfect placement of the Jellie Dots.  It's a great little tool for picking up small embellishments.  To finish off the card I added some ivory roses and a handmade stick pin.


For the solid paper I used Simply Smooth Ivory and Kraft from DiscountCardstock.com.  To create the mats I used S5-131 A2 Matting Basics AS5-132 A2 Matting Basics B from Spellbinders Creative Arts™.  

So what do you think about the Stamping with Glue technique?  Is it something you would like to try or have you done this technique before?


 A few pictures from the Twins game yesterday and the Twins won!!  The guys had great seats and a fantastic time at the game!!

***Another reminder--if you haven't signed up for my Big Giveaway there is still time!  
Click HERE for all of the details.  

Thank you so much for stopping by today!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi


Supplies

6 comments:

  1. I like the glue technique. I use the Scrap Happy glue, it makes great gluedots, but had never thought of stamping with it. Will definnately have to try this. Also what a remarkable young man, to spend time with the baby hummimgbird, which I love watching hummingbirds, and it was so cute sitting in the blossum and learing to fly and following his adopted mama around, Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried this, and although I liked the outcome, me and glitter just don't get along. I hate that it just ends up everywhere no matter how careful you are!!!!!
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the card. Thanks for the tutorial and the stamp tips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Heidi! Thanks for the tutorial. I never thought to smear glitter on in small amounts with my finger! (facepalm!) LOL! I'll be trying this technique sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great job on the card. Never heard of the glue. want a glue that holds the glitter and does not flake off. Will check the glue out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this technique! Your card is absolutely divine! Loving all of the little details! The pin, the flowers, the lace, the butterfly and the technique is awesome! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...