Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Monster Jam Scrapbook Layout

Hello blogging friends! Today, I have a fun scrapbook layout to share with you. Last month we went to a Monster Jam--it was Evan's first time going to an event like this and he was SO Excited!!


We have so many great pictures from that day!! The Cub Scout troop was able to get a really great deal on the tickets and we also got to go to the Pit Party! If you have never been to a Pit Party it's pretty crazy--you get to go down on the floor where all of the trucks and drivers are and you can take tons of pictures and get autographs from all of the drivers. This year is the 30th Anniversary of the Grave Digger so the event was HUGE and tons of people were there!!



I used S5-046 Banner Basics Three die templates and Echo Park Apothecary Emporium 6 x 6 Paper Pad to create the little flags. Then I used Green Apple Baker's Twine from Really Reasonable Ribbon and 3D Foam Squares from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L to finish off the banners.


I used Royal & Langnickel Engraving Art Silver Foil along with S5-048 Sprightly Sprockets die templates to create all of the sprockets and gears and then I lightly sanded them to reveal the silver foil.


To create the faux film strips I used S4-132 Classic Rectangles Large die templates. I had so much fun designing this layout and Evan LOVES it!! ;-)


We have so many pictures from the Monster Jam you might be seeing a few more layout with the BIG Monster Trucks.

Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a wonderful and creative day! Now I am off to clean my crafting area--OMGosh what a mess--LOL!! Are you a clean crafter or does it look like a whirlwind comes through when the creative juices are flowing?

Hugs & Smiles,
HeidiLink


Supplies
Paper: Discount Cardstock Soot, Simply Smooth White; Core'dinations Roy G. Biv Collections Green, Purple; Echo Park Apothecary Emporium 6 x 6 Paper Pad (for flags); Royal & Langnickel Engraving Art Silver Foil
Dies: Spellbinders Grand Calibur, S5-048 Sprightly Sprockets, S5-046 Banner Basics Three, S4-132 Classic Rectangles Large
Accessories: Really Reasonable Ribbon Green Apple Baker's Twine; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares; Sanding Block

Don't forget to check out the Spellbinders Blog for more paper crafting inspiration!

5 comments:

  1. Great layout. Looks like a really fun day. I love how you did the film strip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome layout- I really like the gears.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool layout! It looks like you had a super-fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great, Heidi! I'm taking my husband to the Monster Jam World Finals in Vegas this year - we leave in a couple weeks, so I'll have to remember this layout when it comes to scrapping our memories of the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool layout Heidi. My grandson loves the monster trucks and has seen them in NY several times. We just got back from Digger's Dungeon last week, where we got a bunch of stuff for the grandchildren. It was the second time we have been there.
    Those Grave Digger guys are great, my GS was molested last year just before we went to North Carolina. He had been to the Monster Truck Rally the month before and loved it. When we stopped at Digger's Dungeon, the driver let us go down and take pictures of the truck in the pit for my GS, and specially autographed a very special photo for him to help with his recovery.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...