Saturday, February 18, 2012

JustRite Stampers - New Release - At The Beach Oval Medallion Labels

Good morning! How does a day at the beach sound? It sounds wonderful to me! The sun is shining and it looks like it's going to be a beautiful day but it's still a little cold here in MN for a day at the beach so how about a beach theme card. ;-)


I used CL-03655 At The Beach Oval Medallion Labels from JustRite Stampers to design this card. This is one of the New Release from JustRite Stampers.


I used Tuxedo Black ink to stamp the beach image and then I colored it using Prismacolor Colored Pencils. I really like using these pencils, it take a little getting used to just like with Copic markers but you can blend them and do the shading too.




Then I wanted to add some glitter to the waves so I used Scrap Happy Sheer Glue and Diamond Clear Glitter from The Rubber Cafe. I love using this glue because you don't have to rush with it. You just apply it where you would like to have the glitter and then rub the glitter on. The glue stays tacky to be able to apply things like glitter with ease.


Here is a close up and you can see all the sparkle from the glitter in this photo.


Here is another close up of the finished card. I also used S5-082 Nautical Frames and Accents die templates from Spellbinders to create the shells and the waves. I used one of the waves as a cloud and I added more glitter to the waves, shells and cloud. For the background I used a Blue Iris Shimmer Sheetz from Elizabeth Craft Designs and embossed it with ES-001 Simplicity M-Bossabilities Folder. After I embossed it then I lightly sanded the Shimmer Sheetz.


Please be sure to check out all of the JustRite DT Members listed below to see what they have designed to share with you using CL-03655 At The Beach Oval Medallion Labels stamp set.


Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a wonderful sunshine filled weekend!!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi

Supplies
Stamps: JustRite Stampers CL-03655 At The Beach Oval Medallion Labels
Paper: Discount Cardstock Simply Smooth White; Elizabeth Craft Designs Blue Iris Shimmer Sheetz
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Rich Cocoa; Clearsnap Chalk Inks; Prismacolor Colored Pencils
Dies: JustRite Stampers Custom Dies JB-10025 Nested Oval Medallion Labels Dies; Spellbinders Grand Calibur, S5-082 Nautical Frames and Accents, ES-001 Simplicity M-Bossabilities Folder
Accessories: The Rubber Cafe Scrap Happy Sheer Glue, Diamond Clear Glitter; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares; Sanding Block

5 comments:

  1. A really beautiful card here Heidi. I just love your colorchoise, and I also always preffer to use the pencils for coloring, as they´re sooo much easier to color with than the markers, or maybe I just miss some practise, not quite sure about that he he he

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey pretty neat card!! LOVE the coloring on this, Heidi :) FYI: that ring I made, I finally posted the How-To so come visit if you're interested. Have a great weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a work of art- thanks for sharing all the techniques. I will have to try that sheer glue out- I have a glue pen that works the same way but it can take a whole pen to do a large area so I would love to find another glue that works similarly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. heidi,
    i love the background on this card. what is a shimmer sheet? is it paper or poly?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is amazing! I love how you used the dies around it giving it such a great sense of movement!
    I'm definitely becoming a follower!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...