Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Embossed Butterfly Blank Key Ring - Media Mixáge

Hello blogging friends!  I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend!  We didn't do much this past weekend since almost everyone in the house hasn't been feeling good--from really bad colds to allergies.  Plus it rained the whole weekend here in MN--so we just hung out around the house.  


Today, I have a key ring to share with you that I made using some of the blanks from the Media Mixáge Collection from  Spellbinders Paper Arts®.  I used two of the MB6-008 Susan Lenart Kazmer for Spellbinders® Media Mixáge Butterflies One Blank--one solid and one with the cutouts.  I embossed the blank with the cutouts using ES-004 Whimsy M-Bossabilities™.  Then I brushed on a few coats of gesso and lightly sanded to make the embossing pop.  For the solid blank I used the Media Mixáge MD2-008 Butterflies One Die and Prima Lyric Collection 6 x 6 Paper Pad to die cut the butterfly shape.  I layered all of the pieces and used E6000 to adhere everything.


I used a Action Screw Hole Punch tool to make the holes in the blanks.  The Action Screw Hole Punch tool can be found in the jewelry/bead section of most big box craft stores.  Then I added jump rings and made little beady dangles and attached them to the bottom.


At the time when I made this I didn't happen to have a gold tone key ring so I just made a ring with some gold wire for the photo.  If you are new to mixed media the blanks are a great product to start out with--you can emboss them, paint, ink, layer and shape them.  You can also make jewelry out of them and incorporate them into your paper crafting too!   

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi

Supplies
Paper:  Prima Lyric Collection 6 x 6 Paper Pad
Dies/Blanks/Folders:  Spellbinders Paper Arts® Artisan X-plorer™ Machine, Media Mixáge MD2-008 Butterflies One Die, MB6-008 Susan Lenart Kazmer for Spellbinders® Media Mixáge Butterflies One Blank, ES-004 Whimsy M-Bossabilities™
Accessories:  Action Screw Hole Punch; Gold Tone Wire, Jump Rings, Head Pins, Spacers, Beads; Round Nose Pliers, E6000, Gesso, Sanding Block

4 comments:

  1. Lovely work of art Heidi....truly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Heidi! It would be a beautiful necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Heidi, this is such a gorgeous keychain. Love all the beautiful details. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so gorgeous Heidi!! I love the soft colors that you used for this keychain. I have a couple of the Media Mixage dies that I have not tried yet so this looks like the perfect opportunity to give them a try.

    Also, I love the new look of your website!! Michele did an awesome job designing it.

    As always, thank you for sharing this gorgeous keychain and the easy to follow tutorial.

    Hugs ♥


    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...