Thursday, January 31, 2013

String of Hearts Valentine Card - The Rubber Cafe`

Hello blogging friends!  Today, I have a Valentine card to share with you and a technique using the Scrap Happy Sheer Glue from The Rubber Cafe'.  


Here is the card that I designed.  I used F-881 Love Words and G-779 Heart Strings stamps from The Rubber Cafe`.  I also used S6-001 5 x 7 Matting Basic AS6-003 5 x 7 Enchanted Labels Twenty-EightS6-004 5 x 7 Detailed Scallops and S5-127 Labels Twenty-Eight die templates from Spellbinders.


To achieve the glittery script background on the card I applied Scrap Happy Sheer Glue to the F-881 Love Words stamp and then I stamped the background several times onto the label die cut while the paper was still in the die template.  When you do the stamping with glue technique be sure to wash your stamp with warm water and soap right away to remove all of the adhesive.


Next I just used my finger to apply the You're So Fine Glitter Silver Medal over the background.  One of the great things about using the Scrap Happy Sheer Glue is that you don't have to rush through your projects and try to apply the glitter before the glue dries.  Because even when the glue is dry it still remains tacky and the glitter will adhere to it perfectly.  I know the middle part of the background is kind of messy but that is because I overlapped the background so it would show on both side and it is going to be covered up so its ok.  ;-)  After all of the glitter is applied I used a paint brush to remove the excess glitter.  Then I inked the edges of the label with Angel Pink ink.


Next, I stamped the G-779 Heart Strings image from The Rubber Cafe` on to Simply Smooth White paper from DiscountCardstock.com using Memento Tuxedo Black ink from Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko.  Then I colored the image with Copic markers.


I used S6-004 5 x 7 Detailed Scallops die template to cut/emboss the stamped image and layered that piece on top of the glittery background.  I used 3D Foam Squares from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L to add some dimension to the layers.

 
To finish off the card I added Holly Berry Red Jellie Dots using the Scrap Happy Sheer Glue and Stick "EM" Up Tool to apply them to the card.

I just wanted to let you know I will hopefully be posting the winner for the Valentine Blog Candy tomorrow. Sorry I am running a little behind with this, I have been having problems with my email the past couple of days and I am hoping the issue is resolved now.  I promise I will post the winner as soon as I can!! ;-) 

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi


Supplies

1 comment:

  1. An absolut stunning card here today. I really love the colors and the stamps are pretty cool. The whole lay out is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...