Thursday, April 26, 2012

Butterflies & Blossoms - Pro 31 Designs - JustRite Papercraft - Spellbinders

Hello blogging friends!  Today, I have a pretty butterflies and blossoms card to share with you. 
 
 

Yesterday was Administrative Professionals Day and I made this card for my husband's secretary.  She likes to garden to I thought the butterflies and flowers would be perfect.
 

I started by stamping the image with Rich Cocoa ink on to Simply Smooth White cardstock from Discount Cardstock.  The image is from the CR-02245 Botanical Butterflies stamp set from JustRite Papercraft.  I colored the butterfly using Prismacolor Colored Pencils.  




I continued to color the background on the image with more Prismacolor Colored Pencils. 


To create the background I used a few colors of Distress Inks. First I covered the entire image with Old Paper and then added some Milled Lavender.  Next I add just little touches of Faded Jeans and then I added Dusty Concord around the label at the top of the image.  I very lightly misted the stamp with water and then stamped the image on to  Simply Smooth White cardstock.  I used the Grand Calibur and LF-168 Grand Large Labels to cut/emboss the label shape and then I edged it with Rich Cocoa ink.


To create the little flower cluster I used a Circle Pearl Sprays, Small Blue Porcelain Roses and Porcelain Calla Lily from Pro 31 Designs.  **Be sure to check out the Exciting News about Pro 31 Designs at the bottom of this post!! Next I applied Scrap Happy Sheer Glue and Diamond Clear Glitter from The Rubber Cafe'  to all of the flowers.  

 

I also added some Scrap Happy Sheer Glue and Diamond Clear Glitter from The Rubber Cafe'  to the wings of the butterfly for a little added sparkle.

 

Here is a close up of the butterfly image.  I used the Grand Calibur, S4-114 Standard Circles Large and S5-064 Moroccan Accents to cut/emboss the die cut shapes.  Then I used 3D Foam Squares from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L to layer and add dimension to the die cuts.


Here is a close up of the flower cluster.  I also added a seam binding bow.  I used Distress Inks to hand dye the seam binding bow.

 

Here is a close up of the Pink Rose and Sequins Trim from Pro 31 Designs.  This trim is so gorgeous and sparkly I love it!!  Rose and Sequins Trim is also available in blue. 





Ok, I told you I had some Exciting News to share about Pro 31 Designs.  Esmeralda has opened up a NEW online store with a website!!  Pro 31 Designs is now a DOT COM!!!  Click HERE to check out her new site!!  Esmeralda has added several New things to her store so please be sure to check it out!!  

Also while you are out surfing around in blog land please be sure to check out the Spellbinders Blog and the JustRite Papercraft Blog for inspiration!

I hope you have a wonderful and creative day!!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi


Supplies
Stamps: JustRite Papercraft CL-03725 Fleuriste Newsprint Background Stamp, CR-02245 Botanical Butterflies, CR-03570 With Sympathy (sentiment)
Paper:  Discount Cardstock Simply Smooth White, Frosted Amethyst, Blue #67
Ink:  Tsukineko Memento Rich Cocoa; Ranger Distress Inks Faded Jeans, Dusty Concord, Milled Lavender, Old Paper; Prismacolor Colored Pencils
Dies:  Spellbinders Grand Calibur, LF-168 Grand Large Labels, S4-114 Standard Circles Large, S5-064 Moroccan Accents
Accessories:  Pro 31 Designs Pink Rose and Sequins Trim, Circle Pearl Sprays, Small Blue Porcelain Roses, Porcelain Calla Lily; The Rubber Cafe'  Scrap Happy Sheer Glue, Diamond Clear Glitter; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares; Winter White Seam Binding (hand dyed), Hot Glue Gun

10 comments:

  1. Super Gorgeous Heidi!!! I love the stamps you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Love it
    Esmeralda
    Pro 31 Designs
    www.pro31designs.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW you´ve just made another masterpiece here Heidi. It´s sooo awesome and such gorgeous work, and I´m sure your husbonds secretary just loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! So much detail and caring put into your work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the soft palette and the gorgeousness of this card. Beautiful Heidi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your creativity is certainly demonstrated in your work! We would love for you to stop over at our blog and consider participating in our challenge for publication!!

    Blog: http://parablesofacrafter.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heidi I love the colors. It's so soft and shabby!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...