Saturday, April 28, 2012

The Beauty of a Woman - Jewel Goddess - Framed Home Decor'

Hello blogging friends!  I have a framed home decor' piece that would be perfect for the bedroom or a bathroom--very feminine and shabby chic.   


 


I used the large Goddess die templates from the LF-013 Jewel Goddess from the Julianna Hudgins Collection from Spellbinders for the main focal point.  I also used S5-086 Bitty Blossoms from Donna Salazar Collection from Spellbinders, S4-327 Floral Flourishes die template and GI-004 Fancy Flourish. 


I cut/embossed the Goddess using LF-013 Jewel Goddess die template and GI-004 Fancy Flourish with Simply Smooth Ivory paper from Discount Cardstock and then I applied Victorian Velvet Distress Ink to make the embossing pop.  Next I brushed on Liquid Laminate from Beacon Adhesives and sprinkled on the glitter. 


I used old book pages, Victorian Velvet Distress Ink and S5-086 Bitty Blossoms to create the little rose.  I brushed more of the Liquid Laminate on to the rose and sprinkled glitter.  The seam binding was Winter White and I used Victorian Velvet Distress Ink to hand tint it. 


Ivory pearls were added for a necklace and I also added some tulle at the top of the Goddess and with the bow to soften the look.   I used Hot Glue to adhere the Goddess to the frame.  


I added another little rose and a flourish with some pearls to the bottom of the frame.  I used one of the die templates from S4-327 Floral Flourishes to cut/emboss the flourish.  The frame was gold and I dry brushed it with ivory acrylic paint.  When the paint was dry I added Liquid Laminate and sprinkled glitter over the entire frame.  It is so sparkly!!  ;-)


The beautiful quote is from Audry Hepburn. You can click on the images to enlarge them.

Thank you so much for stopping by today!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi

Supplies
Paper:  Discount Cardstock Simply Smooth Ivory
Ink:  Ranger Distress Ink Victorian Velvet, Bundled Sage
Dies:  Spellbinders Grand Calibur, LF-013 Jewel Goddess, S4-327 Floral Flourishes, S5-086 Bitty Blossoms, GI-004 Fancy Flourish
Accessories:  Winter White Seam Binding (hand tinted with Victorian Velvet ink); Recollections Ivory Pearls; Ivory Tulle; Diamond Glitter; Beacon Adhesives Liquid Laminate; Hot Glue Gun; Ivory Paint

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...