Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Pink Ink Stamp Company - Flowery Flip Flops Watercolor Card


Hello everyone! Today, I have to a fun and colorful summertime card to share with you.  I used some of the rubber stamps from the Summer Fun 2016 collection from Pink Ink Stamp Company to create an embossed resist watercolor card.




This is almost a one layer card.  I used Versa Mark ink to randomly stamp the Flowery Flip Flops stamp on to a piece of Strathmore mixed media paper.  Then I added white embossing powder and used a heat tool to melt and heat set the powder.  Next I used Distress Inks on a craft mat and added water to them to create the rainbow watercolor look on the card front.  I added clean water to the entire piece of paper and then added the color.  Doing this helps the colors to flow and blend together.  I added a couple of layer of color and used a heat tool to speed up the drying time. These are the colors of Distress Ink I used -- picked raspberry, ripe persimmon, squeezed lemonade, mowed lawn, salty ocean, seedless preserved.




Once the paper was dry I used a slightly damp paper towel to wipe off the excess ink on top of the embossing.  Doing this will really help to make the white embossed areas pop.  Next I stamped the Flip Flop Life sentiment on to a piece of velum using Versa Mark ink and heat set with white embossing powder. I taped the velum to the back side of the card.  Then I added some white craft foam to the back of the paper using scor-tape.  I mounted the card front to an A2 top folding white card base.




To finish off the card I added some crystal reflections sequins for a little bit of sparkle. I love how the sequins match the rainbow colors so perfectly.


I hope you enjoyed today's card!  Thanks so much for stopping by the Pink Ink Blog.  I hope you have a beautiful and creative day!



Heidi


To find the Pink Ink products used please visit Ellen Hutson LLC: 

2272J Flowery Flip Flops
10134 Flip Flop Life

You can also visit Pink Ink's website to find a local store near you that carries our stamps, or to order wholesale.

Other Supplies Used
Paper:  Strathmore Mixed Media Paper, Vellum, Cardstock - White
Ink:  VersaMark Ink, Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Picked Raspberry, Ripe Persimmon, Squeezed Lemonade, Mowed Lawn, Salty Ocean, Seedless Preserves
Accessories:  White Embossing Powder, Simon Says Stamps - Crystal Reflections Sequins, Ranger - Multi Medium Matte Adhesive, Scor-Tape, White Craft Foam, Paint Brushes - Round 16, 24, Heat Tool

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I love it!
    I'm so going to have to purchase these stamps!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...