Monday, October 19, 2015

JustRite Papercraft October New Release - Pinwheel Daisies Happy Birthday Watercolor Card

Hello everyone!  Today, I have another card to share with you using one of the newest releases from JustRite Papercraft.  I used the CR-02196 Pinwheel Daisies Clear Stamps from  to create my card.  If you love flowers and coloring you will love this new stamp set.


I think this might be one of the brightest and boldest cards I have ever designed lol but I have to say I am loving the bright colors on this card.  I started by stamping the floral images on to Strathmore Mixed Media with StazOn Jet Black ink.  Then I colored the images and the background with the  Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers.  I used Light Pink, Pink, Bright Yellow, Orange, Light Violet, Violet, Pale Green, Light Green, and Cobalt Blue for the coloring.  Then I added some water to Distress Ink - Black Soot and used a paint brush to flick on the paint splatters.  I used a number 8 round watercolor brush.  


Here you can see a close up of the coloring.


Next I used 164E Happy Birthday Pansy Topper Die Set from Tonic Studios to die cut a piece of black craft foam for the Happy Birthday sentiment.  Before die cutting the craft foam I backed it with some Stick It Adhesive Sheets so it would be easy to apply to the card front.  I used one of the dies from 636E Fanciful Flutter Keepsake Frame & Insert Die Set from Tonic Studios to create the die cut with the scalloped and dotted edges.  Then I cut a piece of black cardstock for a mat and rounded the edges with a corner punch.  I layered the two pieces with more black craft foam.  I used JustRite Custom Dies - Die-02144 Pinwheel Daisies Die Set to create the purple flower.  I added Zig Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Pen to the sentiment and the flower and then I covered both pieces with Glossy Accents for a pretty and sparkly shine.


Here you can see some of the dimension on the card with the layers.


To finish off the card I added some aqua rhinestones.

Please be sure to visit the Design Team Members in the link list below to see their fabulous projects!


Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi


Supplies
Stamps:  JustRite Papercraft CR-02196 Pinwheel Daisies Clear Stamps
Paper:  Strathmore Mixed Media, Cardstock - Raspberry, Black, Lavender, Purple, Aqua
Ink/Markers:  StazOn Jet Black Ink, Distress Ink - Black Soot, Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers - Light Pink, Pink, Bright Yellow, Orange, Light Violet, Violet, Pale Green, Light Green, Cobalt Blue
Dies:  JustRite Custom Dies - Die-02144 Pinwheel Daisies Die Set, Tonic Studios - 164E Happy Birthday Pansy Topper Die Set, 636E Fanciful Flutter Keepsake Frame & Insert Die Set
Accessories:  Black Craft Foam, Stick It Adhesive Sheets, Zig Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Pen, Aqua Rhinestones, Ranger Glossy Accents, Watercolor Brush Round 8, Heat Tool, Corner Rounder Punch


4 comments:

  1. This card is totally bold and bright and I LOVE it! The dimension from layers along with the glossy flower just adds texture. I love your choice of colors and that you cut the sentiment from craft foam. I'm absolutely loving this new stamp and die set. I make my own flowers for my paper projects and feel this set is PERFECT for creating a variety of flowers. I even see a rose with some shaping and I'm eager to try. Thank you for sharing this fantastic card!
    Sandi Smith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card. . . So free spirited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this card is filled with awesomeness! love every part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card! I love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...