Friday, September 4, 2015

The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store - Birthday Wishes Card with Tutorial

Hello blogging friends!  Today, is my day to post for The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.  I have a beautiful birthday card to share with you and a tutorial with another idea on how to use the DecoArt Metallic Lustre.


Here is the card I designed.  I love how soft and pretty looking the card is and the gold adds a touch of elegance to it.  I have shared a couple of different projects using the DecoArt Metallic Lustre.  It is very easy to use and there are so many different techniques it can be used for.  For today's card I used the DecoArt Metallic Lustre with a stencil. 


I only wanted to top half of my paper to be stenciled so I added a piece of painters tape across the middle.  If you don't have painters tape you can lay a piece of scrap paper down and be sure to hold it in place or tape it down.  


Using a Imagine Crafts Sponge Dauber dab the sponge in to the DecoArt Metallic Lustre - Gold Rush.  Spray a little bit of water on to a craft sheet and dab the dauber in to the water.  Doing this will soften up and thin out the DecoArt Metallic Lustre and allow you to use it with a stencil.  You could apply it without adding the water but it will be a lot thinker and it won't be as easy to stencil with it.


Place the Prima Flourish Stencil over top of the paper and use the Imagine Crafts Sponge Dauber with DecoArt Metallic Lustre - Gold Rush to dab on the beautiful gold.


Once the stencil was removed I added a little more of the DecoArt Metallic Lustre - Gold Rush to soften up the edges.


Here is a look at the paper once the stenciling was done.  I love all of the gold shimmer from the DecoArt Metallic Lustre - Gold Rush.  It is so easy to use and it is easy to clean up too.  I just used a baby wipe to remove the access from the stencil.


I added some 1.5" Delicate Vintage Lace by May Arts with some May Arts 5/8" Adhesive Rosettes - White.  Love this rosette trim with the adhesive!  Next I added a loopy bow using May Arts Metallic Gold String and then I added a Prima Serenade Turquoise Flower to the center of the bow.  I also added a few Melissa Frances White Pearls.


Check out the beautiful font on the sentiment!  The Birthday Wishes sentiment is from the Stamp Simply Clear Stamps - Birthday Blessings.  I used VersaMark Ink and Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder to heat emboss the sentiment.


Here is another look at the finished card.  The card base is a light aqua and it is an A2 top folding card.  This card was really quick and easy to create and the look of it could simply be changed up by using a different stencil and sentiment.  If you haven't tried the DecoArt Metallic Lustre I really encourage you to give it a try--there are so many fun techniques it can be used for and the metallic shimmer is so beautiful!

Thank you so much for stopping by today and I hope you enjoyed the tutorial!


Please be sure to check out The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store for all of the fantastic paper crafting products and the Blog for inspiration from the Design Team.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi


Supplies
Stamps:  Stamp Simply Clear Stamps - Birthday Blessings
Paper:  White, Light Aqua
Ink:  VersaMark Ink
Ribbon:  May Arts 5/8" Adhesive Rosettes - White1.5" Delicate Vintage Lace by May Arts, May Arts Metallic Gold String
Accessories:  Prima Flourish Stencil, DecoArt Metallic Lustre - Gold Rush, Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder, Prima Serenade Turquoise Flowers, Melissa Frances White Pearls, Imagine Crafts Sponge Dauber, Water Bottle, Heat Tool, Painters Tape

4 comments:

  1. So very pretty! I love the gold! Thank you for showing how you did it! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Heidi! And so simple to make, yet really elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. now THAT gold is pretty! and it makes a beautiful card. tfs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...