Thursday, September 10, 2015

ButterBeeScraps September Challenge

Hello everyone!  During the month of September ButterBeeScraps is having a challenge and all of the Design Team Members are playing along with the challenge and sharing some creative projects that hopefully inspire you.  Would you like to play along in the challenge?  You can click HERE to find out all of the details.  Each week on of the Design Team Members is posting a project for the challenge.  Last week, Monique, owner of ButterBeeScraps posted her project (you can click HERE to see it) and this week is my turn to post a project.

The challenge is to pick one item from the store and use it in three different ways.  You can bend it, shape it, cut it, paint it or whatever you would like to do.


For the challenge I used the SILVER FLOWER METAL FILIGREE EMBELLISHMENT (#282-P) and I designed a card and matching gift tag.


I started by creating the three dimensional flower.  I used three of the SILVER FLOWER METAL FILIGREE EMBELLISHMENT (#282-P) pieces.  The first one I flattened.  For the second one I cut in between each of the flower petals and then bent some of them up and then curled the tips to shape them.  On the third piece I cut in between each petal and then I curled the sides in.


Here is a close up of the second flower piece.


Here is a close up of the third flower piece--this is the center of the flower.  Once this piece was glued in place then I bent each petal in towards the center.


Here is a close up of the finished flower.


To create the border in the card I cut off all of the petals on the metal flower.


After I cut, glued and shaped all of the pieces I used a combination of Martha
Stewart Antique Silk (pink) Paint, Lumiere Pearl Magenta to paint all of the metal pieces.  I used the small petal pieces to create a border and added some white flat back pearls in between each piece.  I also added some white crochet lace trim under the metal border.  I used Stamp Simply Clear Stamps - Birthday Blessings with Memento Black Ink for the sentiment.  I added some white pearl stamens to the center of the flower and then add the flower to the card front.


Here is another close up of the flower.


Here is a look at the bottom half of the card.  I used A4
Embossing Folder - Rosalyn from Tonic Studios and then I used a Faber Castele Lavender Gelato to add some color and make the embossing pop.  To add a little bit of sparkle I went over the embossed areas with Zig Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Pen.


I used pink cardstock for the card base.


To create the tag I used Tonic Studios I Miss You Topper Inner Die Set 173E and A4
Embossing Folder - Rosalyn.  I went over the embossed area with the same color Gelato and Wink of Stell pen.  The sentiment is from the Stamp Simply Clear Stamps - Birthday Blessings.  


To create the tiny little flowers I cut the centers from three of the SILVER FLOWER METAL FILIGREE EMBELLISHMENT (#282-P)'.


To finish off the tags I added some pearls and white crochet lace trim.

I hope you enjoyed my challenge projects and I hope you will play along with the challenge!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Heidi


ButterBeeScrapsSILVER FLOWER METAL FILIGREE EMBELLISHMENT (#282-P)
Stamps:  Stamp Simply Clear Stamps - Birthday Blessings
Paper:  Cardstock - White, Pink
Ink/Paints:  Memento Black Ink, Faber Castele Lavender Gelatos, Martha
Stewart Antique Silk (pink) Paint, Lumiere Pearl Magenta, Zig Wink of
Stella Clear Glitter Brush Pen
Dies/Folders:  Tonic Studios I Miss You Topper Inner Die Set 173E, A4
Embossing Folder - Rosalyn
Ribbon:  White Lace Trim
Accessories:  White Flat Back Pearls, White Pearl Stamens, Foam Tape,
Ranger Multi Medium Matte, Hot Glue, Baby Wipes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...