Thursday, October 28, 2010

Spellbinders Layout - The Mask

Hello! I can't believe Halloween is just a couple of days away and then it will be November! Where does the time go? Today, I have a Halloween layout to share with you using several of the Spellbinders™ Halloween die templates and My Mind's Eye papers. The photos are of my oldest son from last Halloween. He designed the mask himself and then we ordered some really wild looking contacts for him. I thought the mask turned out really cool looking and all of his friends loved it! But what made it kind of creepy is that he didn't talk at all and you couldn't tell who he was once he put everything else on so he had fun messing with people all night. Oh to be young again--LOL!To create the row of pumpkins across the top of the layout I cut/embossed and then airbrushed three of the pumpkins from S4-281 Jack O' Lanterns. I added the three die cut pumpkins across the top of the photo and then I cut out some pumpkins from the My Mind's Eye The Spider Web "Pumpkin Patch" paper. To add a little dimension I layered the pumpkins using 3D Foam Squares from SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES By 3L™. Then I added Orange Peel Stickles to the eyes, nose and mouth of the pumpkins and Ultra Fine Sage Flower Soft on the stems and vines.For the graveyard scene I cut/embossed and inked several Halloween die cuts using S4-279 Graveyard Scenes and Shapes and S4-280 Halloween Fence Scene and Shapes and Brilliance Starlite Silver and Cosmic Copper inks. I layered all of the Halloween die cuts and then added Orange Peel Stickles to the windows in the house and the face on the tree. I also added Ultra Fine Sage Flower Soft to create mossy grass. I cut/embossed a few bats using S4-277 Nested Bats and added tiny red rhinestones for eyes.Here is a close up of the skull and crossbones.

Supplies
Paper: My Mind's Eye The Spider Web "Halloween Night", "Pumpkin Patch"
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, Brilliance Starlite Silver, Cosmic Copper; Copic Markers
Dies: SpellbindersGrand Calibur™; S4-279 Graveyard Scenes and Shapes, S4-281 Jack O' Lanterns, S4-280 Halloween Fence Scene and Shapes, S4-277 Nested Bats
Accessories: Flower Soft Glue, Ultra Fine Sage; Ranger Orange Peel Stickles; Joann's Tiny Red Rhinestones; SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES by 3L™ My Stik, 3D Foam Squares; Beacon Adhesive Zip-Dry

I can't wait for Halloween! Tomorrow is my youngest son's Halloween party at his school and I am one of the room parents. He is going to be Harry Potter and he's so excited for the party!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi

3 comments:

  1. Great layout!! And a great mask, but he's such a cutie, he shouldn't hide that face!!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi love the layout, and Dusty did a great job on his Mask.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...