Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Crafty Secrets - Little Sea Star - NEW Mermaids Stamp Set


For today's card I used the NEW Mermaids stamp set from Crafty Secrets. This set is filled with beautiful mermaids, sea shells and sea horse images and eight sentiments to complete the set.Here is the card I created using this adorable little mermaid image.I started by stamping the image of the mermaid with brown ink and then I used the Wizard™ and Labels Six S4-230 die template from Spellbinders™ to make a die cut. All of the coloring was done using Copic markers and the airbrush system. I stamped the image of the mermaid onto some printer paper and cut out the image to use as a mask. I placed the cut out on top of the image creating a mask and then I was able to airbrush over the image. To create the clouds I used the Copic colorless blending pen. Once all of the coloring was finished I misted the entire piece with Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist from Tattered Angels. For the background paper I used the Wizard™ and the Circles Impressabilities™ I2-1005 to emboss the cardstock and before removing the Impressability™ I misted over the entire piece with Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist. The sentiment was stamped using black ink and then I made a die cut tag using the Wizard™ and Fancy Tags S4-235 die template from Spellbinders™. Then I added color to the tag by airbrushing. I added some pom-pom trim along the bottom and I also added a shell and pearl cluster. Here is a close-up of the shell and pearl cluster. To finish off the card I added some Waterfall (blue) and Shell Pink glitter from Sparkle-n-Sprinkle to the image of the mermaid and I also added some tiny rhinestones and pearls on the card.

Supplies~ Crafty Secrets~Mermaids Stamp Set
Paper~Neenah-Solar White, WorldWin-Medium Terrific Teal
Ink~Tsukineko-Memento Rich Cocoa, Tuxedo Black, Martha Stewart-Dusk Blue
Misc.~Spellbinders-Wizard™, Labels Six S4-230, Fancy Tags S4-235, Circles Impressabilities™ I2-1005, Copic-Airbrush System, Colorless Blender, B00, B02, BG10, BG15, BG45, BG72, BG75, YG13, YR21, YR24, R20, R81, R85, Sparkle-N-Sprinkle-Waterfall Glitter, Shell Pink Glitter,Tattered Angels-Glimmer Mist-Iridescent Gold, Taylored Expressions-Tiny Twinkles, Joann's-Pearls, Pom-Pom Fringe, Sakura-Quickie Glue Pen, 3M-Scotch Foam Tape, Beacon Adhesives-Fabri-Tac, Gem-Tac

I would also like to share a few pictures with you from the Crafty Secrets booth at CHA. Vicki at the Make-n-Take table.Check out all these little cupcakes!! So yummy and adorable!!Alterable shadow box frame cards. These will soon be available in kits from Crafty Secrets! These are a couple of the displays with cards--Love these huge frames!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you are having a Wonderful Week!!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi

4 comments:

  1. Love this stamp set!! What a fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card! Yes, love those frames! I am looking forward to the kits! I can hardly wait!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Heidi!
    I love those colors and all of your embellishment.
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey. I love your website and your mermaids have captured my heart. I am going to email you to post further/with questions. But, wanted all to see I think you are wonderful. KEEP THE GORGEOUS MERMAIDS COMING!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...