Monday, November 30, 2009

JustRite Stampers - A Merry Little Christmas Gift Box

Good afternoon! Wow, it's only Monday and it's already a crazy week! The kids are back in school after the holiday and I have been busy creating. ;-) I hope your week is off to a fantastic start!

Today I have an altered project to share with you. I altered this cute little gift box from Taylored Expressions. It is the small box from the Perfect Package Line. These little boxes are so fun, quick and easy to alter! The box has a magnetic closure on the front and it can also fold flat for easy storage.

The designer paper I used to cover the box is from The Merry Days of Christmas collection from My Mind's Eye. The stamps that I used are from A Merry Little Christmas set from JustRite Stampers. I wanted to use the image of the Santa hat and I thought the stamp and the paper would go together perfectly.

Here is a picture of the stamp set A Merry Little Christmas.Here is a close-up picture of the image and sentiment that I used to create a tag for the box. The sentiment is: Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas.
To create the tag I stamped the sentiment and image twice. I colored in the images using Copic markers for the hat and for the fur on the hat I used a white glaze pen from Sakura. Then I cut out one of the images of the hat and I put foam dots on the back to add some dimension to the tag. I used the Standard Circles Large S4-114 die template from Spellbinders™ to cut/emboss the circle. Leaving the paper in the die template I inked the inside edges with Ranger-Distress Ink Peeled Paint (Green). Then I also used Labels Three S4-189 die template from Spellbinders™ to cut/emboss the label shape for a mat. Once I had the image and the circle and label diecuts made I layered as shown. I also added a few multi-colored twinkles from Taylored Expressions and some deep red colored ribbon and a bow to the front.
Supplies~
Stamps~JustRite Stampers-A Merry Little Christmas Set, 1-5/8'' Wood Stamper
Paper~My Mind's Eye-The Merry Days of Christmas, Georgia Pacific-White
Ink~Tsukineko-Memeto Rich Cocoa, Ranger-Distress Ink Peeled Paint (Green)
Misc.~Spellbinders™-Wizard™, Standard Circles Large S4-114, Labels Three S4-189, Copic-R27, R29, YG25, YG63, Sakura-White Glaze Pen, Taylored Expressions-Box, Multi-color Twinkles, 3L Scrapbook Adhesives-Black 3D Foam Squares, Beacon Adhesives-Gem-Tac, 3-in-1 Advanced Craft GlueThank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you enjoyed today's project as much as I enjoyed creating it! I am going to have to get a few more of these little boxes!! Now I just need to find the perfect little gift to fit inside. *wink* Don't forget to check out JustRite Stampers Website and Blog for lots of Christmas inspiration! Another reminder**don't forget all of the Christmas stamp sets from JustRite are 20% Off while supplies last and they ship in 48 hours!!

Smiles!
Heidi

6 comments:

  1. What an adorable gift box, anyone would smile to receive this gift box. I just love Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous as always Heidi! Love this beautiful gift box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect, Heidi! I like this size of the box . . . might need to go shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are just the most creative girl ever!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a totally adorable creation! Great use of those stamps.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...