Friday, May 11, 2018

The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store - Best Wishes to the Graduate Card

Hello and good morning to everyone!  This past week seems like it just flew by.  Here where we live the kids only have one week of school left.  Where did the year go?  Can't believe our youngest will be a junior next year!  The graduation open houses are starting right away next weekend so I am trying to get graduation cards done so they will be ready to go.


This isn't a traditional looking graduation card but I love how it turned out.  I used some of the beautiful papers from the  Kaisercraft - Wandering Ivy collection.  I just love these papers!  The images are so pretty and Kaiseercraft never disappoints.  


For the sentiment I used one of the tags from the back of the paper pad.  It originally said -- Best Wishes to You.  I wanted to cover up the -- to You part on the tag and add To the Graduate so I created a banner.  I used a piece of black cardstock and prepped it with the EK Success Powder Tool.  Then I stamped the sentiment from the Stamp Simply Clear Stamps - Scripture for Graduation & Beyond SS-028 stamp set using VersaMark Ink.  Next, I applied Ranger Super Fine Embossing Powder - White and used my heat tool to melt and heat set the powder.  I fussy cut fishtail ends on the strip of cardstock to create the banner.  I added some beautiful May Arts 1.5" Sheer Flower w/Pearl Center - Blue ribbon around the card and then I added the tag and banner on top.  I added Foam Tape to both the tag and banner to add some dimension to the card.  To finish off the card I added some Prima Flowers - Serenade Blue and some My Mind's Eye Blue Enamel Dots.


I adhered all of the layers to a white A2 top folding card base and that finished off the card.  This paper collection is full of tags and other cut outs that are similar to the one I used on my card and can very easily be changed up by creating a banner sentiment to go along with them.  

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you enjoyed the card share!  All of the supplies used to create the card are listed and linked below and can be found at The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.  If you would like to see more card inspiration from the design team I encourage you to visit the Stamp Simply Blog.

I hope you have a wonderful day and happy Friday!

Hugs, love and blessings,
Heidi 


Supplies
Stamps:  Stamp Simply Clear Stamps - Scripture for Graduation & Beyond SS-028
Paper:  Kaisercraft - Wandering Ivy, Cardstock - White, Black
Ink:  VersaMark Ink
Ribbon:  May Arts 1.5" Sheer Flower w/Pearl Center - Blue  
Accessories:  Ranger Super Fine Embossing Powder - White, EK Success Powder Tool, Prima Flowers - Serenade Blue, My Mind's Eye Blue Enamel Dots, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L - EZ Runner, Foam Tape, Heat Tool

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...