Friday, September 30, 2016

The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store - Deck the Halls Christmas Shaker Card with a Watercolor Background and Tutorial

Hello everyone!  Today, I have a fun and different twist on creating shaker cards.  


Here is the card that I designed.  For the stamps I used the New SS-012 Christmas Blessings from Stamp Simply Clear Stamps.  I love the wonderful sentiments and the pretty holly and berries image in this stamp set.  For the background piece I used Ranger - Watercolor Paper.  I stamped the images using VersaMark ink and then I added Ranger - Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder and used my heat tool to melt and heat set the powder.  I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Squeezed Lemonade, Cracked PistachioMowed Lawn, Festive Berries, Fired BrickChipped SapphireVintage Photo with some water and a paint brush to watercolor the background.  Then I added red paint splatters using the Festive Berries Tim Holtz Distress Ink.  Once the paint splatters were dry I added a little bit of water to the splatters to soften them.


To create the sentiment I stamped the sentiment on to white cardstock and embossed it with the same gold embossing color.  You will notice the sentiment is lined up a little different than the stamp in the set.  I actually cut my clear stamp making it more versatile for stacking the sentiment.  This is a great trick to do with clear stamps and it gives you more options.  Plus you can always line it back up on a stamping block so it is just like how it originally came in the stamp set.  Now I realize not everyone is comfortable with cutting their stamps.  So another alternative is to use a post-it-note to cover parts on the sentiment when inking it up.  Then remove the post-it-note and stamp the sentiment.  To create the shake I used one of the Crystal Clear Bags/Card Sleeves - A2.  I slipped the cardstock down in to one corner and then I trimmed off the excess.


Then I added a few sequins from the Prima Say It In Crystals A Victorian Christmas Sequins collection (red), 5mm Gold Sequins, and 5mm Crystal Sequins.  I also added some Scor-Tape to the top and right side on the piece of cardstock and then pressed down to hold in place and trim off any access.  These are great to make if you are mailing the card because they aren't as bulky as a standard shaker card.  Also when making shakers like this don't put too many sequins in because if the cello bag is too full the sequins might not move around as much.


Next I cut a frame using some Bazzill Gold Mirror paper and Labels Twenty-Nine dies from Spellbinders.  I added some Therm-O-Web Foam Squares to the back of the frame for a little bit of dimension.  If you wanted a flatter card you could just put Scor-Tape on the back of the frame.


Here is a close up once the shaker is adhered to the card.  You can see I stamped, embossed and colored another holly leaf and then I fussy cut it.  I added the extra image on top of the frame.



I added some Zig - Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Pen to the holly leaf on top of the frame and then I added Glossy Accents on the entire image.  I also added Glossy Accents on the berries on the background piece.


I hope you like today's card and mini tutorial and I hope you will give these shaker cards a try.  I do want to say this in not my original idea. I have seen this idea and other similar ones on Pinterest and YouTube and wanted to give it a try.

Thank you so much for stopping by today!  Please be sure to visit The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store for all of you paper crafting needs and also visit the Stamp Simply Blog for more inspiration from the design team.

Hope you have a Happy Friday and Wonderful Weekend!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi


Supplies
Stamps:  Stamp Simply Clear Stamps - SS-012 Christmas Blessings
Paper:  Ranger - Watercolor Paper, Bazzill Gold Mirror, Cardstock - White
Ink:  VersaMark, Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Squeezed Lemonade, Cracked Pistachio, Mowed Lawn, Festive Berries, Fired Brick, Chipped Sapphire, Vintage Photo
Dies:  Spellbinders - Labels Twenty-Nine
Accessories:  Crystal Clear Bags/Card Sleeves - A2, Prima Say It In Crystals A Victorian Christmas Sequins (red), 5mm Gold Sequins, 5mm Crystal Sequins, Ranger - Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder, Glossy Accents, Zig - Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Pen, Scor-Tape, Therm-O-Web Foam Squares, Paint Brush, Heat Tool

1 comment:

  1. Oh Heidi, this is beautiful. Thanks for the great tutorial, I want to try this. TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...