Friday, November 20, 2015

The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store - Just For You Silver Bells Christmas Card

Hello blogging friends!  Today, is my day to post for The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.  I have another CAS (Clean And Simple) Christmas card to share with you.  I know things get so busy with the holidays so it's nice to be able to quickly whip up some Christmas cards.  


For the focal image on my card today I used one of the cut outs from the Kaisercraft Silver Bells 6-1/2'' Paper Pad.  This is such a beautiful paper pad!  The vintage Christmas images are fantastic and there are a lot of die cut images included in the paper pad--perfect for CAS card!  I used light blue cardstock for the card base which is a top folding A2 size.  I also used a piece of the light blue cardstock for a mat behind the Santa image.  For the background I used a piece of Bazzill Silver Mirror Cardstock and embossed it with the Darice Pine Branches In Corner embossing folder.


Here is a before and after look at the Bazzill Silver Mirror Cardstock.  I love how bright and shiny this paper is but for this card I wanted to tone it down a bit and give it a brushed/ aged look.  The first piece is the before and the second piece is the after.  I lightly sanded the paper with a very fine grit sanding block going in a circular motion.  Doing this not only toned down the silver but it also helped to make the embossed areas really pop.  Just a little tip--I used the tip of the corner on the sanding block to get in between all of the embossed areas and I also sanded over the embossing.


In this close up picture you can really see how much the embossed area pops.  I used Therm-O-Web Foam Squares to add some dimension to the Santa image and also the die cut circle with the sentiment.  For the flower cluster I used a Petaloo - Sugared Red Berry Clusters and then added a couple of flowers from the Botanica Minis Red.


For a little sparkle I added a few sequins from the Prima - Say It With Crystals A Victorian Christmas collection.


I hope you enjoyed another CAS Christmas card.  :)

Thank you so much for stopping by!

Please be sure to check out The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store for all of the fantastic paper crafting products and the Blog for inspiration from the Design Team.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi


Supplies
Paper:  Kaisercraft Silver Bells 6-1/2'' Paper Pad, Bazzill Silver Mirror Cardstock, Cardstock - Light Blue
Embossing Folder:  Darice Pine Branches In Corner
Accessories:  Petaloo - Sugared Red Berry Clusters, Botanica Minis Red, Prima - Say It With Crystals A Victorian Christmas, Therm-O-Web Foam Squares, Scor-Tape, Sanding Block

2 comments:

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...