Thursday, March 19, 2015

Athena Owl Necklaces - ButterBeeScraps

Hello everyone!  Today, I have a couple of fun jewelry pieces to share with you.  I know so many people love owls and as soon as I saw the new Owl Filigree Embellishment 644-B from ButterBeeScraps I knew exactly what I wanted to do with them--create some jewelry!  I designed two necklaces using some of the new items in the store.


Here is the first necklace I designed.  I just love these pretty filigree owls!  There is so much detail to them.  I added SS16 Clear Pointy Back Rhinestones for the eyes and then I added three of the White Resin Flowers RES003-WH down the center of the owl. 


Next I created three beaded and wire wrapped dangles for the bottom of the owl.  I used Bronze Ball End Head PinsBronze Bead Cap CAP052-B, and Bronze 6mm Rondelle BD006-B/CL from ButterBeeScraps.  I also used  Clear 4mm Bicone Crystals,  Clear 6mm Bicone Crystals, and Bronze 4mm Glass Pearls from my own stash.  


I also made a small bead dangle to hang up at the top of the owl's head.


On one side of the chain I created three wire wrapped bead links and alternated with with the chain.  I used the same beads, rondelles, and bead caps as I did for the beaded dangles.


I love how the beaded dangles give some movement to the necklace.


For the second owl necklace I added a little bit of color with the beads and a Patina finish on the filigree.  


I think the Patina finish is so pretty on the bronze metal.  On this necklace I added SS20 Aquamarine Flat Back Crystals for the eyes.  Then I added small bits of chain across the center and a Rhinestone Charms to the center of each chain.  At the bottom of the owl I added a few more Rhinestone Charms and then a larger wire wrapped and beaded dangle.  To create the dangle I used a Bronze Ball End Head PinsBronze 6mm Rondelle BD006-B/CL, and a Bronze Filigree Bead Cap CAP114-B all from ButterBeeScraps.  The Aqua Jesse James Glass Teardrop Bead and Two-Tone Aqua Blue Round Glass Beads are both from my stash.


I added another Rhinestone Charms at the top of the owl's head.  


I created wire wrapped bead links for each side of the necklace.  The  Bronze 6mm Rondelle BD006-B/CLBronze 8mm Rondelle BD008-B/CL are from ButterBeeScraps.   The bronze wire, Aqua Jesse James Large Glass Round Beads, and Two-Tone Aqua Blue Round Glass Beads were from my stash.  I alternated the bead links and then chain on both sides of the necklace.


Here is another close up look at the owl.



Over the past couple of months I have sold a lot of my jewelry piece that I have posted here on my blog.  Most of them are sold before I even have a chance to upload them to my Zibbet store.  I have also been doing some custom jewelry orders.  So I am going to start uploading the jewelry pieces to the store at the same time I post them on my blog.  If you are interested in either of the owl necklaces I uploaded both of them to my Zibbet store.  You can click HERE if you would like to check it out.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi


Supplies
ButterBeeScraps:  Owl Filigree Embellishment 644-B, White Resin Flowers RES003-WH, SS16 Clear Pointy Back Rhinestones, Bronze Ball End Head Pins, Bronze Bead Cap CAP052-B, Bronze 6mm Rondelle BD006-B/CL, Bronze 8mm Rondelle BD008-B/CL, Bronze Chain CH206-B,SS20 Aquamarine Flat Back Crystals, Rhinestone Charms, Bronze Filigree Bead Cap CAP114-B
Other Supplies:  Clear 4mm Bicone Crystals,  Clear 6mm Bicone Crystals, Clear 8mm Bicone Crystals, Aqua Jesse James Glass Teardrop Bead, Aqua Jesse James Large Glass Round Beads, Two-Tone Aqua Blue Round Glass Beads, Bronze 4mm Glass Pearls, Bronze Jump Rings, Bronze Wire, Bronze Clasp, Glossy Accents, E6000, Bronze Chain, Patina

2 comments:

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...