Thursday, August 30, 2012

Friends are Flowers Card

Hello!  Today, I have a fun little friendship card to share with you.  


I know I don't usually design cutesy cards but I have to tell you I just love this little image and it was so fun to color.  Besides when I read the name of the little stamp I just had to get it--Heidi among the Flowers.  ;-) 
The stamp is from C.C. Designs.


To start I stamped the image on to Simply Smooth White using Rich Cocoa ink and then I colored it with Copic markers.  I don't usually color images of people so I had to do a little practicing on the hair but I think it came out pretty good.  Then I used S4-161 Labels One die template to cut/emboss the image.


These are the Copic markers I used to color the image.


I stamped the image on to some copy paper and then fussy cut it to create a mask for the colored image.  Using a 2-Way Glue Pen I added some adhesive to the back of the mask and let it dry so it was just a little tacky.  Then I placed the mask over the colored image that was still in the die template and airbrushed the sky using a Copic marker and the Copic airbrush system.


Here is a close up of the finished image.  After I did the airbrushing I stamped the sentiment from Amy R. Friend Sentiments.  Then I added some Diamond Stickles to the center of the flowers and the little hair pretties.  I used the S4-379 Decorative Labels One with Violet 65# cardstock to cut/emboss the decorative label shape and then I layered the two labels.


For the base of the card I used Violet 65# and then for the mats I used Blue 67# and Pink Lemonade.  All of the paper I used is from Discount Cardstock.  To create the mats I used S5-131 A2 Matting Basics A and  S5-132 A2 Matting Basics B die templates from Spellbinders.   To finish of the card I added White Mini Pom-Poms (love these!!) and 1/8'' Diagonal Stripe Lavender Ribbon from  Really Reasonable Ribbon .

Thank you so much for stopping by today!

Huge & Smiles,
Heidi

***If you are looking for the blog post with my Blog Candy click HERE.***


Supplies
Paper:  Discount Cardstock Violet 65#, Blue 67#, Pink Lemonade, Simply Smooth White
Stamps:  C.C. Designs Swiss Pixies Heidi among the Flowers, Amy R. Friend Sentiments
Ink:  Tsukineko Memento Rich Cocoa; Copic Markers E0000, E000, E00, E23, E27, E34, R20, R81, RV55, Y11, Y13, B000, B00, B01, BG10, G21, YG61, V15, V25, C1
Dies:  Spellbinders Grand Calibur S4-161 Labels One, S4-379 Decorative Labels One, S5-131 A2 Matting Basics A, S5-132 A2 Matting Basics B
Accessories:  Really Reasonable Ribbon White Mini Pom Pom, 1/8'' Diagonal Stripe Lavender Ribbon; Ranger Diamond Stickles


1 comment:

  1. Very cute card,love the little girl,thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...