Monday, September 17, 2007

Just playin' around

My 1st Halloween card of the year. I had a little time this morning to play around with one of my new SU sets -- Autumn Apparitions. What a fun set!!
I also had fun playing with my punches. I used the Word Window punch and the 1-3/8 Circle punch to create the fence & moon. First I punched out the Circle and placed it onto the CS, sponged Groovy Guava & Pumpkin Pie around the moon, then Basic Black over the rest of the sky. Then I stippled Wild Wasabi along the bottom of the card front. I took off the circle punch & then stamped the bats & sentiment. When I put the moon back on I adhered it just slightly down from the stipple circle, this left a little sliver of Apricot Appeal. For the fence I used the Word Window punch, sponged the edges & outlined with the marker. Lastly I added the cat & pumpkins & some stickles. For the small pumpkin & the cat I used popdots.
Supplies~
PAPER~SU-Apricot Appeal, Pumpkin Pie, Summer Sun, Whisper White
STAMPS~SU-Autumn Apparitions
INK~SU-Basic Black, Chocolate Chip (pad/marker), Groovy Guava, Pumpkin Pie, Wild Wasabi, Always Artichoke (marker)
OTHER~SU-Word Window Punch, 1-3/8 Circle Punch, Sponges, Stipple Brush, Stickles (Ranger)-Orange Peel, Lime Green, Black Sparkle

Thanks for stopping by!! I hope you are having a great Monday!!
Smiles~
Heidi

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE how you used the punches to "create" dimension & detail!!GREAT card!!!........huggies~d

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, this card is awesome, love eveyrthing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of the very best Halloween cards i've ever seen! i love everything about it! And using the word window punch to make a fence is brilliant! AWESOME work, Heidi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this -- especially the bling!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...