Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Cards from my August Class

This is the 1st card that we did. The technique for this one was using Distress Inks to create a background but with out wrinkling up the paper. So many of the techniques for distressing want you to scrunch up your paper and for this one it stays flat. I also discovered a while back that if you use the Distress Inks and then iron over your CS some of the inks will change colors which can be very fun to experiment with. Also if you do this you want to have your iron on the highest setting. For the BG piece I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder and ran it through my Wizard and then rubbed over the top with a ink pad.
All of the CS is SU-Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Lovely Lilac. Inks (Distress Ink-Ranger)-Frayed Burlap, Dusty Concord, Weathered Wood. (SU)-Chocolate Chip. Stamps (Autumn Leaves-Rhonna Farrer)-Word Flourishes. Fibers-from my stash.

This is the 2nd card. The picture of this card isn't the greatest. :( I was having a hard time getting a picture with out the glare. I think that can be so hard to do with glossy paper! But the card is much prettier IRL!! I love all of the depth in this technique. This is one of the techniques from Technique Junkies. If you don't know what Technique Junkies is you have to check out the site!! It is amazing!!
All CS is from SU-Almost Amethyst, Night of Navy, White Glossy. Stamps are SU. Ink (SU)-Blue Frost Spectrum Pad, Versa Mark, Night of Navy, Whisper White. Embossing powder is my own mix of clear and pearlex. Tag punches are SU and ribbons are from my stash.

Here is another card with different stamps and color combo using the same technique as the one above. This one was just a sample to show the class the different color and style you could achieve with this technique.

The last card that we did is one that I had posted awhile back and it was one of the cards I designed for the New Catty Open House. Everyone liked it so much they all wanted to make it for class. The Dragonfly card can be seen here and all of the info about the card is listed in the post too. :)

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you are having a great week!!

4 comments:

  1. Your "beautiful" card is just that! What is the name of the technique you used? I looked at Technique Junkies (thanks for the link), but there's so much to choose from! Beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Denise!
    Thanks so much for the great comment and for checking out my blog!! The Name of the technique used on the beautiful card is called Rainbow Double. There is another sample on the website about 1/2 way down (left side) that is done in the fall colors. This techniques was just in this last months newsletter. If you love trying new techniques then this newsletter would be for you!! I have been getting the newsletter for about a year 1/2 and I love it!! Plus if you get the newsletter you not only have it in print but you will also get access to it online and several more sample to see too!! Pat Huntoon is the lady who is in charge of the news letter (along with a design team) and they do some awesome techniques and design work!! HTH!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All three are lovely Heidi, but the 2nd and 3rd are outstanding! I LOVE that technique but the samples in the latest TJ newsletter didn't do it justice at all! You should submit these to Pat. Gorgeous, gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love all three, and like Dana, i think the last two are awesome examples of this technique! Beautiful, beautiful work, Heidi!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...